Poll: Official 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Race Thread - Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 18/24

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting for, just show me the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zzzzz

Colipinto did well.
Hulkenburg did well.
Perez back to old perez.

Not really anything else. Too big a tire delta needed for overtakes.

Hadn't realised how close Ferrari was to Red Bull in the constructors.

It's very possible that due to Perez being totally rubbish, Red Bull might drop to 3rd in the constructors.

Must be very rare (if it's even happened before) that a driver wins the WDC whilst his team comes 3rd in the constructors.

Yep.
I'm glad of it.
They got complacent keeping a mediocre driver probably assuming they were safe.
All the other top teams have better driver pairs.

Yep.
I'm glad of it.
They got complacent keeping a mediocre driver probably assuming they were safe.
All the other top teams have better driver pairs.

Yeh.

The other three top teams have, apart from Alonso, all the rest of the best drivers on the grid in their line ups.

Red Bull have one of the best, and quite possibly one of the worst right now. I really think Perez has lost it, and even at his peak he was only slightly above average at best.

Last edited:
Yeh.

The other three top teams have, apart from Alonso, all the rest of the best drivers on the grid in their line ups.

Red Bull have one of the best, and quite possibly one of the worst right now. I really think Perez has lost it, and even at his peak he was only slightly above average at best.
Boggles my mind why they kept him for so long. They've gotten rid of people for much less. Many times.

Its good that complacency is being punished though. With a mid-top tier driver they'd probably be significantly ahead of mclaren now.

If Riciardo is binned and Perez stays, they deserve to lose out on both championships. Perez just isn't good enough and Riciardo has at least proved himself at RB before.

If Riciardo is binned and Perez stays, they deserve to lose out on both championships. Perez just isn't good enough and Riciardo has at least proved himself at RB before.
He's also proven himself as just not very good in this era of F1, aside from one outlier result.
Perez and Ricciardo both need to go.

I have to say I do think the tyres are pretty rubbish.

A lot of drivers went longer on the medium than they did on the hard, which seems a bit silly.

A lot of drivers went longer on the medium than they did on the hard, which seems a bit silly.

Yes, as they were using a suboptimal strategy hoping for a safety car - first time we've not have one at this track since, I can't even remember it was that long ago. Also a lot of the drivers were playing the same waiting game, the deg wasn't as apparent as other couldn't make progress either. When they started switching to the newer tyre regardless of compound the benefit was seen to be larger than expected.

I still can’t fathom just how bad Perez is, truly dire. It’s actually slightly hard to watch, don’t think he realises how subpar he is.

RB / Toro Rosso, or whatever they're named, genuinely employ some of the worst strategies I've ever seen.

Ricciardo started on hards, did 10 laps, then swapped to mediums where he then did 36 laps. I completely understand that they're trying to do something different at times to get into the points but it's just mad to me that the team will sit in a room, look at all the data from Friday FP sessions and the Saturday sessions and then, post qualifying, think yeah we'll definitely do a 10 lap stint on hards to kick this race off.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but so many races this season have had 1 or 2 racing laps, and then everyone sets their cruise control to what the strategy teams deems reasonable to get to the pit window.

They should make the tyres more robust but mandate at least 1 pitstop.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but so many races this season have had 1 or 2 racing laps, and then everyone sets their cruise control to what the strategy teams deems reasonable to get to the pit window.

They should make the tyres more robust but mandate at least 1 pitstop.

Even if you did - everyone's simulations would still converge on the same strategies.

Back
Top Bottom