**Official ABIT AB9 QuadGT Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Associate
Upset??

Who's upset?

Regardless, from your initial reply I presume that you are merely guessing and don't actually know how much is too much. Would that be reasonable?

Soldato
Quite the opposite, the BIOS options are all there to be used. The only danger with a big MCH voltage is chipset cooling and the board cooling should be built with capacity to handle all the available BIOS options. The PWM is only one that felt remotely hot on my board.

Associate
I thank you, luckily I have a 120mm silverstone FM121 leaning across the ram and northbridge and an 80mm blowing directly onto the PWM heatsink so cooling is, hopefully, not an issue :p

3.8 here we come; these tuniq towers kick some serious backside :D

Thanks for the help WJA96 :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ordered one of these today, to replace my Gigabyte DS3. Although the DS3 is a good board, I've had only average overclocks from two different E6600s, so am going to give this a try :)

Results in a day or two :cool:

Man of Honour
Replaced my DS3 with this today but cant get it to post. Everything powers up fine - hd, fans, etc - but nothing on screen. Reseated cpu, ram, gfx but no joy.

Going to take it to work tomorrow to test with different parts, but wondering if anyone had any other ideas in the meantime?

When do you need the 4 pin molex connected in? It doesnt say you actually need it in the manual, doesnt post with or without it anyway.

:(

Soldato
Duke said:
Replaced my DS3 with this today but cant get it to post. Everything powers up fine - hd, fans, etc - but nothing on screen. Reseated cpu, ram, gfx but no joy.
POST code?
You do have an rpm signalling fan attached to the CPUFan header?

When do you need the 4 pin molex connected in? It doesnt say you actually need it in the manual, doesnt post with or without it anyway.
you would only really need it if you had 2 power hungry gfx cards installed as it's there to bolster the PCI-E bus if required.

Man of Honour
BUFF said:
POST code?
You do have an rpm signalling fan attached to the CPUFan header?

you would only really need it if you had 2 power hungry gfx cards installed as it's there to bolster the PCI-E bus if required.
The POST code is 25 which is related to VGA. I have a 3 pin fan on the header, does it need to be 4 then? :o

Associate
Anyone have a overclocking guide? I can run fine at 2.8 with everything at default, but if I then change any voltage options or up the FSB more I cant even post. I was Orthos stable at 3.5 with this chip on my p5ne :confused:

Soldato
So guys,

before i hit buy, do you really? and i mean REALLY rate this board.

Im using a bad axe2 at the mo, which i know isnt the best for overclocking a 6400 or a x3210 chip on, both have a low multi of 8.

Any one tried this board with a quad core chip on it.

Man of Honour
Found the problem - my GSkill 2GB PC6400 kit. It boots fine with a generic 1GB 6400 stick in it!

Bit annoying as it does list my ram on the opening post :confused: I'll flash to latest BIOS and try it again later.

Man of Honour
I'm 99% sure its G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ).

I'll flash the BIOS and let you know anyway.

Soldato
OP
Duke said:
Found the problem - my GSkill 2GB PC6400 kit. It boots fine with a generic 1GB 6400 stick in it!

Bit annoying as it does list my ram on the opening post :confused: I'll flash to latest BIOS and try it again later.
Indeed quite a few people are using the G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400 Kits on numerous forums. Infact it should boot at the default 1.8v because it did for me when I owned the QuadGT & HZ's. Have you adjusted the voltage to the reccomended spec 2.1v?

Back
Top Bottom