**Official ABIT AB9 QuadGT Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Soldato
The PWM block isn't a perfect fit, but it's OK. There are 2 (one stepped screw fixings, one straight screw fixings) and you need the straight one. Mine is actually in bits at the moment as it was disassembed to put it into a V1200 case I bought from Mekrel, but when it arrived it had been 'abused' in the post :( , so I'm waiting to hear what the carriers insurance is going to do about it.

The Intel chipset blocks fit perfectly, as you would expect as it's an intel chipset. The NF4 block also fits, but it sits skewed around a bit.

Soldato
after having troubles with e4300 on numerous boards ( low FSB walls), happy to say the QuadGT does the job.

probably would have been cheaper to swap the CPU, but I did'nt want to give up. :)

Resulted in the q6600 running on the rather cheaper DS3 board.

Must admit I really do like this board, been off Abit for a long time, and it has been a refreshing change.

Soldato
WJA96 said:
The PWM block isn't a perfect fit, but it's OK. There are 2 (one stepped screw fixings, one straight screw fixings) and you need the straight one.

how is the fit not perfect m8? does it jigg around a little bit etc??

coz MIPS have a block specifically for this board so i wonder if it's worth trying to get hold of this one instead?!?! :confused: even tho i like the look of the EK better.

Soldato
Those look nice - the complete set looks quite reasonably priced too at 120Euro and I do lik ethe idea that they'll sell you a board with all the blocks already fitted.

And I've ordered 10 of their shim kits as they won't go off and I've never seen them before.[ :rolleyes: at myself]

Soldato
so before i order 2 asus EK NB/SB blocks you're 100% they fit good yeh? lol

yeh the mips stuff looks ok but is pricey, i might grab the mosfet block and some shims but get the EK for NB/SB methinks.

i swore i'd never bother cooling chipsets/mosfets and here i am ... :o :p

Last edited:
Soldato
marscay said:
so before i order 2 asus EK NB/SB blocks you're 100% they fit good yeh? lol

yeh the mips stuff looks ok but is pricey, i might grab the mosfet block and some shims but get the EK for NB/SB methinks.

i swore i'd never bother cooling chipsets/mosfets and here i am ... :o :p

Yes, the EK Intel blocks are a good fit, but I think they are more expensive than the MIPS ones to be honest. I've also had 3 EK acrylic blocks crack on me so definitely go acetal (but I'm sure you already said you were).

Soldato
Leider habe Ich keine Erfahrung mit MIPS aber normalweise Deutsche Teknik ist die hoechste qualitaet. Meiner Vorstelle war in Deutschland, so Ich kann ein Bischen sprechen.

That's the benefit of a Scottish education. German, French, Russian and Latin!

No, I'd never seen them before this morning. They do look good, and generally German stuff is very, very good.

Soldato
i just received an email from eddy @ EK that i sent earlier this morning he thinks i should use the NF4 for the NB and the no.2 asus for SB but still might need some modification ... :confused: :eek:

i might just grab the mips all-in-1 kit and be done with it.

Soldato
marscay said:
i just received an email from eddy @ EK that i sent earlier this morning he thinks i should use the NF4 for the NB and the no.2 asus for SB but still might need some modification ... :confused: :eek:

i might just grab the mips all-in-1 kit and be done with it.

The NB and SB are the same, so how can he be suggesting you use different ones?

Bizarre.

Associate
What is the best way, to monitor temperatures on the QuadGT. I like CoreTemp, because it is so discreet when minimized. But I get what I would call HORRENDEOUS readings, both with CoreTemp .95 and .94. I´ve got an E6600 in the board, and Asus Silent Square for CPU-cooler, in a Antec 900 case, room-temp around 19-20 celsius, and CoreTemp 0.95 says the CPU-cores idle around 18-19 degrees, CoreTemp 0.94 say 17 (!) degrees celsius, on both cores. Now, that just is´nt possible. What is the MAJOR malfunction with CoreTemp :confused:

Back
Top Bottom