**Official** Aion Beta Thread

With Fileplanet, do remember though that its not a guaranteed open beta key. They will have x number of keys so it will be first come, first served before the keys run out.

Having said that, you might find quite a few people have spare keys, because they might be in the same situation as me. I already have a beta account because I preordered Aion a while back, but I also have a fileplanet account, so I could get a "spare" key using that.

Theres probably quite a few folks in that position, so you might see a few people with spare keys floating around.

just in case anyone is considering purchasing the collectors edition on steam..... think twice.
The initial 8gig client download is downloaded from steam, but any patching is then handled by the £$%^ing appallingly slow NCsoft downloader (have had it downloading for the past 6 hours and am on 96mb - from a 20mb Virgin cable line).
Really not happy about this as the main reason i bought it on steam was so i could take advantage of their bloody fast servers (the main client was a steady 2.6mb/s).

Grrrr!

just in case anyone is considering purchasing the collectors edition on steam..... think twice.
The initial 8gig client download is downloaded from steam, but any patching is then handled by the £$%^ing appallingly slow NCsoft downloader (have had it downloading for the past 6 hours and am on 96mb - from a 20mb Virgin cable line).
Really not happy about this as the main reason i bought it on steam was so i could take advantage of their bloody fast servers (the main client was a steady 2.6mb/s).

Grrrr!

IIR it just trickle downloads until OB only maxing at 120kb's. The last patch I downloaded through the launcher gave me 1700kbps. :)

Edit: Im downloading at 500k's at the moment through the launcher

Last edited:
Anybody have a link for the open beta (torrent download) - think it's 9.10GB. I've tried the one off the Aion website but the download never starts downloading!?

IIR it just trickle downloads until OB only maxing at 120kb's. The last patch I downloaded through the launcher gave me 1700kbps. :)

Edit: Im downloading at 500k's at the moment through the launcher

!!! :eek: :( :mad:

when you say "the launcher" do you mean like this:
cackdownload.jpg

Thats the one :)

I got pretty good speed on it when I downloaded the previous patch from the last closed beta phase. Mind you, back then there wasnt 150,000 people all trying to download either a 3gig or a 9gig file through it :D

For the 3gig patch for open beta I just used Fileplanet instead

[timko];14780781 said:
Yes, that is the NCSoft launcher and yes you will finish downloading by the time Aion 2 comes out. Enjoy :D

haha :) yeah i know what youre saying mate. just that I've not long moved to an area with virgin cable (from living with the slowest bloody adsl in the world before) so I'm kind of download rate horny at the moment. :D

Hi there, please can you answer this list of questions I have as I'm sure some of you probably will find these straight forward and no the answers:

1. When is the open beta due to be released?
    [*]How many levels are there in Aion?
    [*]Is there instances to do like in wow as your levelling up?, like 5 man instances?
    [*]Is there end content for pvping? like more instances for 5 man, and 10 man and 25 man etc, because I heard end content is pvping but is there no raiding content at all for us pve people?
    [*]When does the actual game get released?
    [*]If you pre order the game now do we get instant access to the beta now so I could play today?
    [*]Are there mounts of some kind like in wow?
    [*]Do you have to buy your class skills at a trainer when you level up or do you just gain new powers instantly when you ding?

I've marked questions in red which I'm wanting to know the answers of most but if you could answer them all that would be nice too:D
Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Hi there, please can you answer this list of questions I have as I'm sure some of you probably will find these straight forward and no the answers:

1. When is the open beta due to be released? 6 September
  2. How many levels are there in Aion? 50
  3. Is there instances to do like in wow as your levelling up?, like 5 man instances? Yes, although unsure as to what levels.
  4. Is there end content for pvping? like more instances for 5 man, and 10 man and 25 man etc, because I heard end content is pvping but is there no raiding content at all for us pve people? PvP and PvE
  5. When does the actual game get released? 25th September or 20th September with Headstart
  6. If you pre order the game now do we get instant access to the beta now so I could play today? Nope, Closed beta is finished. It'll be 6th September for Open beta.
  7. Are there mounts of some kind like in wow? Nope but there are wings.
  8. Do you have to buy your class skills at a trainer when you level up or do you just gain new powers instantly when you ding? You buy new skills every 3 levels, otherwise your skills get leveled up everytime you level.

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Thanks v1bez for the answers but I have one more question...above I read someone else saying you can pre order the game now and get a key for the beta thats coming on 6th september and then cancel so you dont have to pay, is this true?

And if so then does this mean you'd get the key by email when you pre order the game today, or would the key be sent to you by email on the 6th september, and when would we get charged by the place where you pre order the game, would it be on the 25th september when the game is released or in a weeks time or what?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Not much I can add to v1bez answers really.

There is talk of mounts down the pipeline, what form those would take bearing in mind the wings I dont know though.

Other than that, his answers are all pretty accurate.

Back
Top Bottom