**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Open Beta Details

NCsoft has laid out the dates for the open beta, pre-select, and headstart programs for their upcoming MMO Aion, laying out all the playtime possibilities between now and the game's September 25th launch.

Up until now the closed beta events for Aion have all been weekend-only affairs, giving fans a brief taste of gameplay before shutting things down again, so the week-long open beta event NCsoft has planned should be a real treat. It runs from September 6th to the 13th, and will give players in North America and Europe a taste of the Western enhancements made to the title, including new skills and more Westernized character creation options. NCsoft will be maintaining a level cap of 30 throughout the event, so players will still have something to do when the game comes out.

After the open beta closes, players who preordered the game will be able to login on the 18th to pre-select their character name and server, reserving them in advance of the headstart program, which kicks off 2 days later on the 20th.

a few qestions will i be able to run this on full graphics, its my understanding it runs on the same engine as crysis.

My specs are e8600 4ghz, 8gig of ram, 260 gtx sli.

The 3 mmo's i have played are gw, wow , lotr in that order, which game will aion be like in terms of content.

I'm really enjoying lord of the rings atm the same way i did gw, i also enjoyed wow but that was more of a chore at times i dont liek spending weeks months getting gear to do the best parts of the game only if that time and effort to be watsed everytime a new patch or expansion comes out.

a few qestions will i be able to run this on full graphics, its my understanding it runs on the same engine as crysis.

My specs are e8600 4ghz, 8gig of ram, 260 gtx sli.

I played the closed beta on two rigs that I've got. The lower spec rig that I used was a Opteron 2.8Ghz 8800GT (overclocked, can't remember the clocks though) and it ran fine with most details on High at a resolution of 1680 x 1050.

Your rig should easily cope at 1920 x 1200, very high settings and plenty of AA and AF :)

So not really an open beta then :(

Was hoping to use this as a trial so I didn't have to shell out £25 for a game I might not like.

Pre-order a retail copy (not digital download, like direct from NCSoft or Steam) from an online store, wait for a key, try the open beta and then cancel/keep the pre-order BEFORE it ships as needed. Most online stores don't charge until shipping so you've got nothing to lose.

[timko];14767069 said:
Pre-order a retail copy (not digital download, like direct from NCSoft or Steam) from an online store, wait for a key, try the open beta and then cancel/keep the pre-order BEFORE it ships as needed. Most online stores don't charge until shipping so you've got nothing to lose.

That seems a great way of doing it many thanks :D

Now just need to find out where to download the European client:confused:

With this new Beta I'm going to create a new player liste for the Original Post, so post us your character name, class and race :D

EDIT:

I've also changed the Legion server to Beritra as Ariel gets fairly busy and people had difficulties making characters :)

Last edited:
Hello there ;)

Oh noes, downloading patch the 3gig one and left it, a few hrs later says ready to go but for first time ever i am getting a gameguard error 320 :(. Looks like the download got corrupted or something

And when i do a repair (consistancy check) i get this

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

My aion folder is 11.2 gig in size which i think is correct so i hope i havent got to redown load all this lot. Any help would be great ;)

Hello there ;)

Oh noes, downloading patch the 3gig one and left it, a few hrs later says ready to go but for first time ever i am getting a gameguard error 320 :(. Looks like the download got corrupted or something

And when i do a repair (consistancy check) i get this

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

My aion folder is 11.2 gig in size which i think is correct so i hope i havent got to redown load all this lot. Any help would be great ;)

Cant help you I'm afraid, still downloading my patch, probably got another several hours to go yet before its finished

Back
Top Bottom