**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Ok here are some more questions:

• [*]How long can you fly for?
    [*]Do the wings get upgraded as you level up?
    [*]Can you change the colour/size/look of your wings somehow?
    [*]How fast can you go when flying? like compared to running on the ground? like for example, have they made it so at low level you move 30% faster in the air and then at high level 100% faster in the air?
    [*]And as for the end PVE raiding content, whats it like? is it just like wows, will it match up to how raiding is in wow?
    [*]I read someone else saying you can pre order the game now and get a key for the beta thats coming on 6th september and then cancel so you dont have to pay, is this true? And if so then does this mean you'd get the key by email when you pre order the game today, or would the key be sent to you by email on the 6th september, and when would we get charged by the place where you pre order the game, would it be on the 25th september when the game is released or in a weeks time or what?

Questions marked in yellow are of most importance, but if all questions could be answered that would be much appretiated.

Thanks in advace:rolleyes:

Last edited:
1) It varies with your level, your wings and what buffs/pots you have
2) You can upgrade your wings as you level, at certain levels (for a cost)
3) They change with upgrades
4) Not sure actually, I never timed it or anything, kind of felt about 30 or 40% faster though, hard to say as the height gives an illusion of speed
5) The end PvE raiding content is unlikely to match up to WoWs. WoW is essentially designed specifically towards end PvE raiding. Aion is more designed as a PvP / PvE mix, so more a jack of all trades, master of none kind of deal.

EDIT : I just want to clarify that when I say the end PvE raiding content is unlikely to match up to WoWs, I mean in terms of quantity..not quality. From what I've seen the quality is easily on a par, there just wont be as much.

Last edited:
On the question in Yellow :

I've heard some people saying the same. I have no idea though because I preordered direct from NCsoft. I guess you would get charged only when the item shipped, but I couldnt guarantee thats the case. I imagine the key would be emailed out as soon as possible..at least I would hope so because the client is 9 gig so as much time as possible to download it before the 6th would be useful :)

The game looks really good and I'm excited about it but I guess am just worried I'd try it and then go "this is rubbish, wow is much better, I hate it", and I dont want to waste money on a rubbish game which is why I really wanna play the beta desperatly.

If you can level up from 1 to 50 and do 5 man instances and then get to 50 and join a guild and then do guild raids like 25 man instances then that would be great.

And yeah maybe there would only be two instances at 50 to do as a guild but those 2 instances could take anywhere upto 6 months to complete maybe? like in wow? How long did we spend in molton core? probably years lol. And they could always release more instances for end content as we go along with patches etc.

Well theres definately more than 2 :)

I guess it all depends upon what your focus is, if you're heavily into PvE..then I would probably suggest remaining with WoW. Thats more their focus and they will have more to offer in that regard.

If you dont mind a slightly slower levelling game, with more of a PvP focus than WoW, where you may find yourself getting killed by other players a fair bit then try Aion.

Ultimately it boils down to whether you're happy in your current MMO, or whether you're on the lookout for something a little different to try.

Honestly Scotch, and please take no offence from this, but if you are as hung up on this game comparing to WoW, you are never going to be happy with it, WoW is a very refined and very old MMO, Blizzard have had YEARS of practice to get the game right, you can't expect that from a game that has been nout only a fraction of the time.

On the note of MC, remember that Blizz have changed there ideals in terms of raiding for a reason, instances that take all but the best guilds months to get through are not good for a large player base, hence why new raids like Ulduar etc take a fraction of the time but are much better designed rather that just having the occasionly stupid brick wall fight with utterly stupid emchanics.

To be honest to me it sounds like you don't even want a new MMO, you want WoW, if you obsess over things in Aion not being like WoW or wanting them to be, you will never be happy.

• I read someone else saying you can pre order the game now and get a key for the beta thats coming on 6th september and then cancel so you dont have to pay, is this true? And if so then does this mean you'd get the key by email when you pre order the game today, or would the key be sent to you by email on the 6th september, and when would we get charged by the place where you pre order the game, would it be on the 25th september when the game is released or in a weeks time or what?

This is what I wrote previously...

[timko];14767069 said:
Pre-order a retail copy (not digital download, like direct from NCSoft or Steam) from an online store, wait for a key, try the open beta and then cancel/keep the pre-order BEFORE it ships as needed. Most online stores don't charge until shipping so you've got nothing to lose.

You should get the key in a few days, the sooner your pre-order the sooner you should get it. The open beta is 6th to 12th Sept. The full game release is 25th Sept. If you order from a online retail store, and again I reiterate NOT digital download like Steam or NCSoft, then you will not be charged for the game until around 23rd or 24th when they dispatch the game ready for you to receive on launch or just after. You have plenty of time between the 12th (end of beta) and 25th (launch) to cancel the pre-order.

Im baaaaack (after a short holiday :()

So they've announced both the open beta and the early character creation doodah :)
Bout time tbh, NC both via PM and the CS approach are VERY slow to repsond to anything lol.

as for the preordering, I see the main place that HAD preorders @ 24.99 with a beta key have changed their site. 34.99 now and the boompf states keys will be sent on 21st sep. Useless for the upcoming open beta, gonna email em and see whats going on. As for the same place but it's high street arm they now have the preorder packs in, had a quick look nothing special just seems like a box with a scratchcard in, possibly a DVD installer too, which maybe handy to some of you with BW caps. They're charging £1.99 for teh preorder pack, but you get this back in the form of a discount when you purchase the full game.

As for the servers, we'll be avoiding Ariel due to congestion issues. Theres a server further down I can't remember which off the top of my head but theres like 9 Asmo guilds and 1 Elyos guild, sounds like a challenge so we maybe rolling there as an Elyos guild.

[shamelesspimpage]
Also if any of you are looking for a guild to play with my guild is currently recruiting, we're currently sitting at about 30 confirmed with classes/professions and rough playtimes. We're all about PvP once we level fast enough so some good fun to be had. as for classes atm there's quite a decent balance altho we are lacking a little on Sorcs and Clerics.

We are mainly EU based but do have guys in the states and Japan that have preordered and will be playing EU version with us, also currently looking into another of the guilds we know as their american arm is apparantly coming to EU servers, if that happens means we should be able to level pretty much whenever we need.

The guild is mainly 20-25 altho older/younger players are welcome, vent is the comms of choice so a mic is necessary.

If anyone's interested pop over to the forum in my sig :)

[/shamelesspimpage]

I get this "
Your access to the closed beta event has been denied due to Country restrictions."

I'm in the UK but looks like its for North America only on there?

Yeah for some reason it's now North America only despite them not mentioning that while they've had the client up for download for the past week. Hopefully my pre-order account is still active (i cancelled my pre-order) I want to see if the game is improved by having global chat activated.

-edit-

Tombstones link works.

Yeah for some reason it's now North America only despite them not mentioning that while they've had the client up for download for the past week. Hopefully my pre-order account is still active (i cancelled my pre-order) I want to see if the game is improved by having global chat activated.

Tried the link above?

Its the one I used to get my key, tried it again about 10 mins ago and it was still working

i dont like to beg but if anyone gets a spare key for some reason then i would love to try the game out and see how well it runs on my ageing computer.

Urgh, I've logged in with a few accounts using that link but it still takes me to the lame country restrictions error page.

Hopefully i'll have some luck if I try again tomorrow.

Urgh, I've logged in with a few accounts using that link but it still takes me to the lame country restrictions error page.

Hopefully i'll have some luck if I try again tomorrow.

Are they paid subscription accounts? Supposed to be for paid subscribers.

Apologies if that seems like a dumb question.

Back
Top Bottom