**Official** Aion Beta Thread

pitty they use gameguard , other mmo's in the past that used it didnt use it for long because it was such a resource hog and poorly programmed

That issue where you click login and theres a small delay has been apparant since the Chinese Beta.

Logged in last night quite amused to see they've let people plan servers and guilds n stuff then they apparantly decided to change all the server names last minute lol

We've been playing on Kromede EU players getting a ping of around 200-250 East coast players getting 400-550. For servers apparantly being based in Frankfurt thats **** poor tbh thats about the same I was getting on the chinese servers :( No rubber banding or anything yet tho.

Was fairly amused once I actually got loaded in game too seeing that cluster of people at the start point lol , made those initial quests a right ****, switched to channel 10 and zoomed ahead a bit ^^

Got beaten to being the first guild on the server by all of a few minutes :( lol

Anybody else getting "The Game Guard will be closed" error? started getting it today for some reason

I've been getting it ever since the open beta started. I can't even get thru the character customisation (not more than 10mins) without it closing on me.

Bring back the closed beta please!

The game guard error sufferers. Are you using Comodo firewall and/or Avast antivirus? They are the only programs I have running when I get the error.

Had a quick bash this morning, did a couple of quests. It's pretty smooth when it's not teeming with people. It feels a lot nicer than other MMO's i've tried... Guild Wars and Conan to mention a couple, it's as pretty as LOTRO and feels quite natural to play (hard to explain) but almost WoW-like in it's smooth movements and progression.

I'm a fan so far! The character emotions are nice, the customisation seems a little oddly laid out although there's a good variety to choose from (hilariously saw a guy named "Fattie" on my server earlier, a little squat warrior with massive belly, i laughed aloud).

I haven't kept up to date on the news though. Will there be UI customisation? I'd liek to move my player frame and target frame a bit closer to the action so it's easier to keep an eye on. One thing that gets to me from default MMO ui's is that you seem to be watchign health bars and energy bars instead of appreciate the action on the screen. This is what i love, and i'm sorry to bring it to this thread because i hate it's name popping up everywhere also, about WoW... the ability to remove all the pointless UI and bust it down to 3 very basic entities. Action bars, health bars (right around the character, close to it, but also subtle) and the Character and world itself (game screen?). Everything else is distracting and inefficient.

So anyway, yeah, i like Aion so far. I've only played a few quests and up to level 3 but i'll be cramming some more in tonight and aside from a few annoying niggles (the slow log in bug, the quitting to desktop for incorrect password and having to run the sodding NCSoft interface to run the game) it seems to be going a lot better than other recent MMOs :)

Seemed alright, but when i logged on was rammed to the teeth with players, even on low pop server early in the morning!

So far, the game is unnaceptably slow on startup, like entering your password and clicking OK seems to take an age, and when I actually load the game, i get a black screen for a good 15 to 20 seconds. Also, the quitting to desktop whenever you get a password wrong is quite annoying!

Off to a good start though. Mostly i was impressed i could log on straight away into the game, the WoW beta was a right mess! :)

I have to admit the crash to desktop really makes me angry. :mad:

I don't mind the game yet, but I haven't found a class I really "like" yet :/

Had a quick blast last night and liking it so far.
Made a mage and levelled him to lvl5 and got a little taste of the combo system which seems nice.
Feel underwhelmed by the graphics after all the hype about how amazingly pretty it looks I'd definitely say that from what I've seen LOTRO is far superior graphically... though I'm only basing that on the starting area, and graphics dont make a game (I still play UO :) )
One thing that has impressed me is that I'm actually bothering to read the quest text and dialogue (which i stopped doing in WoW sometime during TBC).
I really like the way the quests are presented and the effort they have put in to the little details that go with the quests, and the way they have made it feel "adventury" rather than a chore.
Thumbs up from me at this point.

I do like how it helps you find the people you are supposed to find in quests too.

I do agree on the graphics, it looks pretty but it isn't as amazing as I was expecting. Still, it does look pretty damn good and runs extremely nicely.

[timko];14830941 said:
I've been getting it ever since the open beta started. I can't even get thru the character customisation (not more than 10mins) without it closing on me.

Bring back the closed beta please!

i realized that if you ignore it you can just alt+tab back in game and continue playing with no problems. just dont close the error window. it works for me at least.

The game guard error sufferers. Are you using Comodo firewall and/or Avast antivirus? They are the only programs I have running when I get the error.

i'm using avast.

i realized that if you ignore it you can just alt+tab back in game and continue playing with no problems. just dont close the error window. it works for me at least.

i'm using avast.

Yeah, I've just been ignoring the error and tabbing back in, I wonder if it is Avast doing it. It's not like I'm going to change it for one game, though.

Is anyone else bored of the game yet? I'm level 10 and just spent forever running around the first big city playing NPC tag, and the only quest log I bothered to read was the one where you choose which class you want to progress as. Is there any sort of character development in terms of choice of build, or you just get upgrades as you level? So far it's just lots of grind and very little excitement.

Is anyone else bored of the game yet? I'm level 10 and just spent forever running around the first big city playing NPC tag, and the only quest log I bothered to read was the one where you choose which class you want to progress as. Is there any sort of character development in terms of choice of build, or you just get upgrades as you level? So far it's just lots of grind and very little excitement.

Build choices essentially come from Stigma stones and which selection of those you choose to use at any given time. You start getting Stigma stones and your stigma slots later on.

Excitement wise, the real excitement starts a bit later when you start PvPing. Thats where the real excitement lies.

Though I am most likely in the minority I don't really like PVP in MMO's. I like battlegrounds in WoW on occasion, but am far more a PVE players. I play FPS and fighting games if I want to compete against people.

I guess my point is I am worried that I won't enjoy the game as much for this reason, or is it not a valid concern?

Well I played last night for around 4-5 hours and had 0 issues at all :D

We now have a Legion for the Elyos ;) Spent all my money on it yesterday. Please PM me (Maxi) or CossackNoodle (Ravin - in game) to get yourself an invite. Solts are limited until we become a lvl 2 Guild, so get pming asap :P

Though I am most likely in the minority I don't really like PVP in MMO's. I like battlegrounds in WoW on occasion, but am far more a PVE players. I play FPS and fighting games if I want to compete against people.

I guess my point is I am worried that I won't enjoy the game as much for this reason, or is it not a valid concern?

I don't really like PvP either. Nah you will have the same enjoyment out of Aion as any other MMO. You will be missing out on the Abyss (which i think is the same as wow battlegrounds?) but you will also have the excitement of random Rifts popping up near your hunting spot.

Last edited:
I suppose at least we now know the server names for release so can organise for release

Thats what we thought about the servers that have been thre from teh first beta :(

We were watching the forums so that we could find a server with high guild pop on asmo but low on elyos so we could get some decent PvP and not be too cramped whilst levelling.

Problem we had was only half of us managed to make Elyos before the race/balance cap kicked in :(

You can alt tab that error normally, when I launcher a dual client last beta I got it.
Closed Gameguard and it quite happily let me run 2 clients. The launcher actually gives the option for running more than one client so can't see why gameguard should prevent it.

Also running Avast here on vista 64 ultimate without a problem.

Going to be brutally honest with you, I could tell you that you will enjoy the game just as much if you dont pvp. Would make you buy the game, but frankly I would be lying (imo). Aion is much more PvP focused than WoW, if you dont like PvPing in MMOs, then to be blunt you will be missing out on a lot of Aions best features and ultimately will find the later levels boring.

Back
Top Bottom