• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Already tried that and performance is worse compared to the 670. I'm a sucker when it comes to CS its been my main game for over 10yrs and most setups are geared to making that run as smoothly as possible.

Turning off frame pacing helps a fair bit, but just annoying to not see an improvement.

I'm being picky, its not like I'm not getting good fps it just feels off.

Interesting. Have you tried locking the fps to a specific number?

Yeah and it still stutters, can't get vsync to enable right either which is odd. Usually my last test would be to vsync with triple buffering and limit fps to 118 to prevent any input lag.

However fps seem to sit at 200-240 when enabled which is just odd

Yeah and it still stutters, can't get vsync to enable right either which is odd. Usually my last test would be to vsync with triple buffering and limit fps to 118 to prevent any input lag.

However fps seem to sit at 200-240 when enabled which is just odd

Furry muff will see what my friend says. He has a 7990 and a 7970 in tri fire and never reported any problems. Will see what drivers hes using and if hes using any special tweaks. I do know he has an i7 though, but given fps are already silly high i guess that won't have anything to do with it.

Today I found out why one of my 7990 cores runs 10C hotter than the other; one is at 1.135v the other is at 1.2v :o I'm such a noob.

Anyone got any idea how I can fix this?

Last edited:
Today I found out why one of my 7990 cores runs 10C hotter than the other; one is at 1.135v the other is at 1.2v :o I'm such a noob.

Anyone got any idea how I can fix this?

Lol i want some of what you're drinking please buddy. :p

If you use afterburner, have you got sync gpu settings ticked? If so they should use the same settings.

Sorted it: I switched to GPU 2 in AB, then back to GPU1 and the voltage was at 1.2v.
I then had to apply 1.135v about 4 times for it to work.
Bizarre.

I suppose I should check if the voltage sticks after a restart.

Sorted it: I switched to GPU 2 in AB, then back to GPU1 and the voltage was at 1.2v.
Bizarre.

Sorted. Now tick sync settings, save and apply. Save and apply and one for the road, save and apply. Now monitor those temps and report back. I want a full report on my desk monday morning!

Bizarre.

I suppose I should check if the voltage sticks after a restart.

This happened in the older AB versions a lot. Check you have the latest. Since the latest my sticking issues have disappeared.

Why does my Afterburner keep telling me that it is going to expire?

/facepalm Have you actually read it !!!!! ?

Try reading the error message the answer is there.

Or in case you are too lazy to, the beta is going to expire next weekend, you need to get the newer one.

Jeez, I hated people like you as a programmer. I would put every effort into a program with clear instructions it would fail at the 1st obstacle, the human and oh, never mind ;);)

Last edited:
Damn, Windows 8 chops about 100 points off my Heaven score.
It kinda seems stuttery too, almost like frame pacing wasn't turned on. Hm

Edit: When I force frame pacing off it actually stops the stutters. Weird.

Last edited:
A friend has 4x Gigabyte 7990's. Anyway to lower the voltage without a BIOS flash. He says afterburner wont let him nor will sapphire trixx (does this only work on sapphire cards?).

Edit: He fixed it, seems he was running the 2.3.1? version of AB, updated to the beta and it fixed it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom