• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Don't know why as I was very happy with it, but I couldn't resist an offer of near enough £600 for my 7990 so I let it go. The miners are really after these and the new ones left go for £800+ still.

Now considering an R290/X and non Crossfire for a while, although the 780s are also quite tempting at a similar price.

Indeed! Customer support here said that they will RMA it and if there isnt any stock, ill get it refunded which is good. However would rather have the working 7990!!

Hi guys, i wonder if someone here could help me. I recently bought a Asus 7990 a few week back when they were on offer and have been very happy with it.
I was previously running a copy of Windows 8 evaluation and like i say it has been fine.

My windows 90 day trial then ran out so i decided to go back to using Windows 7 and installed AMD Catalyst 13.11 betav9.5 and now i don't have any Crossfire X option in CCC :confused:

I have checked power connections to the card, i have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers several times and still no option to turn on/off Crossfire X.

Have i done something wrong? Are both GPU'S still working?

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

If it is just the single 7990 then it doesnt need or wont have a crossfire on option, if you want to disable it for games then I think you need to just make a custom profile

Don't know why as I was very happy with it, but I couldn't resist an offer of near enough £600 for my 7990 so I let it go. The miners are really after these and the new ones left go for £800+ still.

Now considering an R290/X and non Crossfire for a while, although the 780s are also quite tempting at a similar price.

Not bad:cool:

I might sell my 7990 also and go back to Nvidia as AMD's drivers really are as bad as people say.

Back
Top Bottom