• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Buzz any further progress mate?

Hey mate, I managed to get gpu temp from a worst case scenario 101c to a worst case scenario 85c (most of the time it's around 81c though). I won't be giving it much more attention as I will get water cooling sometime after Christmas (Now that I know it's possible to control the temperature of the gpu). It all seems very stable and idle the temp difference is around 5-6c at load it can be between 10-12c, so a big difference from the 30c+ I was having before.

Overclocking actually feels like it's viable now. Although I don't really see any reason to do so. I've not made a proper 'prop' for the card yet, still using an old flimy piece of wood. Makes it a bit of an eye sore, but I suppose I won't be looking inside when I am gaming, so it's not so bad. I will eventually make something more functional and (hopefully) aesthetically pleasing.

Broken vsync and very little performance improvements for AAA games over the last few beta's.

I'll keep my card until Mantle comes out to see what performance gains it may bring.

The reason there is very little performance increase in AAA games is the drivers are already doing a great job getting nearly everything out of them.

CF scaling better than SLI (I did not believe it until I saw the numbers).

Frame pacing

I think AMD have done well on the drivers lately and deserve a lot of credit for it.

Vsync has been bugged for a few weeks now. roll back to beta 9.2 or earlier to fix it. Those drivers still contain the majority of all the latest performance fixes. Vsync might be fixed on the latest WHQL driver 13.12. At least someone on Guru3D said it was, though ive not personally confirmed this myself.

EDIT

Just checked Vsync working fine on 13.12.

Last edited:
Vsync has been bugged for a few weeks now. roll back to beta 9.2 or earlier to fix it. Those drivers still contain the majority of all the latest performance fixes. Vsync might be fixed on the latest WHQL driver 13.12. At least someone on Guru3D said it was, though ive not personally confirmed this myself.

EDIT

Just checked Vsync working fine on 13.12.

What does Vsync do ?

:D:p

meh I think I'm gonna have to drag out the monitor and just try it. I'm really hoping it works 'cos I have a really nice screen to use as an accessory screen (Lenovo) and a wall bracket.

Edit. Petey, you're a star thank you. Now it's less of a time waste to drag it all out...

Haha - I was wondering, right I have my 7990 installed, all working fine, BF4 runs fantastically, at 70 fps, due to some code I added ages ago and no crashes, hardly makes any sound.

Planetside 2 looks fantastic too.

result!

anybody having problems running 13.12?

I used this and kept getting bsod at start up....

so ive gone back to a really old driver 13.9

13.9 seems to use both cores at 99% and 1000mhz where as others don't seem to stabilise.....

also got some weird graphics playing fifa 14 last night , but a reboot put this right......

http://www.twitch.tv/terminator2k/b/489497366

Have you changed the vcore? Are you running overclocked?

Back
Top Bottom