• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

All my parts arrived today. Will build over the coming days and bank holiday to try get it perfect (usually I break something) and I'll use the onboard graphics for setting up all my stuff ready to plug the beast in, if it fits ;)

Well limiting Tomb Raider to 50Hz is definitely the way forward :p Only game where the temps get truely mental (ok Heaven and Valley benchies but that's only for a short period of use) and this has certainly calmed it down to around 84-86...making a good difference.

As for noise...well if you're playing with sound on or headphones then you aren't going to hear the card so it's all fine!

Plus...thankfully...my Sapphire card seems to be ok in terms of the fan *touches wood*.

Well limiting Tomb Raider to 50Hz is definitely the way forward :p Only game where the temps get truely mental (ok Heaven and Valley benchies but that's only for a short period of use) and this has certainly calmed it down to around 84-86...making a good difference.

Try Sleeping Dogs Extreme. Nothing, i repeat nothing but furmark will heat your AMD card up more than 1440p SD Extreme SSAA.

I thought digging for treasure is the definition of a game...:cool:
But you probably want stuff moving on a screen and things ;)

Hehe well i only mentioned Sleeping Dogs as Cat said Tomb Raider heats the gpu up, but Sleeping Dogs takes it to a whole new level. I'm sure mining is worse, but i feel thats different.

No pictures is making baby jesus cry :(

Here you go, my water cooled 7990

DSC02013.JPG

Wow, This 7990 i just installed buzzes like a mother fing wasp.

Not happy what so ever but hey im sure it will die down.

And here she is

Anyone else got coil whine on their 7990?

This one is insane, its whine is so high my eyes might bleed. Its going to OCUK for an RMA i think (Seller will help me sort it)

Back
Top Bottom