• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Not got yet Sin, need to speak to OCUK to change my order :)
I appreciate the performance of the CF 7970 but do not want the extra heat and noise plus still will have issues with the stuttering.
Appreciate what you say Diagro but a google search has turned up no results for the particular card I'm after (EVGA SC) so hopefully far less common.

Yes it's come at a bad time. I have owned an equal amount of red and green cards and sadly it's only the red ones I've had issues with so I don't want to temp fate.
I'm buying at a bit of a bad time and I'm not sure I have the patience to wait. That said I could quite easily use the on board gpu whilst I configure the rest of it and web browse. Patience is not a trait of mine sadly.

Another option is to keep the pre order and just not install the card for a week or so, see if others have issues and if so RMA.

Last edited:
Very good question. I presumed not as technically it's not a fault? Hence my idea to keep the order and wait and see what others say.

I really hope it's ok. It's so much better value compared to the Nvidia alternatives.

Last edited:
Very good question. I presumed not as technically it's not a fault? Hence my idea to keep the order and wait and see what others say.

I really hope it's ok. It's so much better value compared to the Nvidia alternatives.

They are replaceing mine due to coil whine when they get it back. But itss extreme

Sorry guys I cancelled my order today. Not so much for the reasons I said earlier but I just know Ill regret it if I don't wait and see what 9K series brings first.

I do wonder how much better the 9 series will be over the 7990. I have read a bit around the net and many seem to hint that the 9 series could be around the same price as the 7990. Surely not that much better then?

I'm going to try some new cables and also on different 12v lanes. Also got some ferrites on the way to see if they healp clean up the power supply.

If its still too much whine its going back to ocuk haha

Back
Top Bottom