• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Your haveing a laugh? They all do it?

Its insane.. its like sooo bad even with vsync. Under water it makes my pc sound stupid when ingame... its supposed to be silent. I am 100% angry at amd.

Think I will sell the replacement if it also has coil whine and wait for the next series of cards.

Your haveing a laugh? They all do it?

Its insane.. its like sooo bad even with vsync. Under water it makes my pc sound stupid when ingame... its supposed to be silent. I am 100% angry at amd.

Think I will sell the replacement if it also has coil whine and wait for the next series of cards.

Silly question but if your card is under water, where is the sound coming from.:confused:

Last edited:
Not even chancing it. Will wait for non reference cards and wait and see what Hawaii brings. Gives me lots of time to get the CPU oc and cooling sorted anyway.

The only non reference 7990 is the 2012 version. Mine was as silenty as a mouse and this one is stupidly loud.

So angry.

Will see what the replacement does in a few weeks.

Arrrgh It does it when browsing the internet aswell BOOO

Uploading a audio file for you to listen too. This was taken from my chair a good 3 ft away.

Last edited:
mine used to whine when I first got it. it appears to have settled now & no more whine noise. maybe just give it a bit of time?

strangely though it didn't whine under load just when it was on the windows desktop

Supposedly not all have it, but some do. Mine is from the first batch made, these MSI ones may be from a newer batch with better coils... I wish they would use glass ones but they cost more.

ouch Diagro. Don't have the problem with mine at all at I was one of the 1st to buy from OCUK when they 1st came out.

Hopefully you will get a better one on RMA

My case was the switch 810 btw for the person that asked.

I've swapped to a GTX 780. I don't like the gamble with that horrific noise and the micro stuttering. Feel a single GPU is the better option for me but I may well change my mind again

Some those also do it. It depends on what chokes they use. Deletric ones vibrate and make the sound and glass type dont. But guess which are more expensive ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom