• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I've finally got 14.2 betas stable with Mantle on my 7990. Increased the voltage of the card to 1.130 and it seems stable. No crashes so far (fingers crossed). I could use the 13.2 with voltage of 1.110 stock is 1.200v so I'm still under volted! Just had a couple of hours on BF4 with Mantle.

I've finally got 14.2 betas stable with Mantle on my 7990. Increased the voltage of the card to 1.130 and it seems stable. No crashes so far (fingers crossed). I could use the 13.2 with voltage of 1.110 stock is 1.200v so I'm still under volted! Just had a couple of hours on BF4 with Mantle.
yeah I run undervolted as there's basically just not worth the temps... running defalut 1.200v it's running 100C flat out... yet at 1.125V I can still run flat out rock solid with Temps going no higher than 85C massive thing for me as I want these cards top last.

I've not had a single problem crashwise with the 14.2's... in Mantle... running superb. So impressed...

I've got no difference in temps' running 14.2 BETAS. I'm running LtMatts custom BIOS though.
Im running the custom bios,previous to drivers i was happily mining at 86c on both new drivers and it shot up mainly on gpu one (ulps disabled)
Just reinstalled 14.1 and its better again!

Has anyone had sharp fps drop issue in COD ghosts?
I just started the game last night and had many sharp FPS drop problems, like running from 60-1xx fps suddenly drop to 0-10fps.
I am using 14.2 driver btw.

Anyone any more joy with the 14.3 drivers?

Previous mantle drivers on first install run fine. But a subsequent reboot of the PC gives me the choppiness still with the frame spikes. 14.3 was better. I got 2 reboots worth of gameplay until after 2 hrs on the 2nd run the frametime spikes edged their way back in.

I see a couple of 7990 owners have reported theirs is working well. I find it puzzling why it will work after initial install but not subsequent boots.

Any of you clever chaps got any ideas?

I am running GPU at stock, ULPS disabled, tried stock and non throttle BIOS. Uninstall with DDU..............Help!

Anyone any more joy with the 14.3 drivers?

Previous mantle drivers on first install run fine. But a subsequent reboot of the PC gives me the choppiness still with the frame spikes. 14.3 was better. I got 2 reboots worth of gameplay until after 2 hrs on the 2nd run the frametime spikes edged their way back in.

I see a couple of 7990 owners have reported theirs is working well. I find it puzzling why it will work after initial install but not subsequent boots.

Any of you clever chaps got any ideas?

I am running GPU at stock, ULPS disabled, tried stock and non throttle BIOS. Uninstall with DDU..............Help!

I'm in the same boat as you. I also get the odd graphics flicker in directx games too. Although it has improved from the previous driver a wee bit.

Two 7990s here.

Finally managed to get 14.4 drivers installed after the thing kept freezing, black screening etc

What CPUs are you lot using with your 7990s?

I grabbed a 8320 and have overclocked it to 4.8GHz just so I could have a play but the GPUs at 1080 and High settings only see around 70% usage. I presume I need a quicker CPU to take full advantage unless I wait for improvements to Mantle.

Two 7990s here.

Finally managed to get 14.4 drivers installed after the thing kept freezing, black screening etc

What CPUs are you lot using with your 7990s?

I grabbed a 8320 and have overclocked it to 4.8GHz just so I could have a play but the GPUs at 1080 and High settings only see around 70% usage. I presume I need a quicker CPU to take full advantage unless I wait for improvements to Mantle.

Hi James,

If that is my old 8320, you can push it more depending on your cooling. I don't remember if I kept the 5+ GHz profile on the bios but it goes up to 5.2GHz bench stable.

If you want higher CPU utilisation on quad-fire (two 7990s), you'd be better off at 1440p or higher and push the graphics settings to max. Depending on the game, even a 4770k would bottleneck 2 7990's I suspect.

Would be interesting to see your results.

Hi James,

If that is my old 8320, you can push it more depending on your cooling. I don't remember if I kept the 5+ GHz profile on the bios but it goes up to 5.2GHz bench stable.

If you want higher CPU utilisation on quad-fire (two 7990s), you'd be better off at 1440p or higher and push the graphics settings to max. Depending on the game, even a 4770k would bottleneck 2 7990's I suspect.

Would be interesting to see your results.

It is indeed buddy.

I tried your profile but I couldn't get it stable. Don't think its the memory as i've got 4.8GHz and 2400MHz memory working fine but anything above 4.8 isn't prime stable.

It's under water and never hits 50 degrees on full load

Last edited:
Id really love to know how most review sites seemed to get around 80c give or take for load operating tempos when I've seen numerous people (me included) get temps that routinely hit 92-94c while gaming.

Hardocp got 78c and 74 c for full load which is pretty low, guru 3d got 79c and techpowerup got 80c and legit reviews got 75c. So what gives exactly? Cards sent out with better thermal paste used on them to reviewers or is the open bench testing making that much of a difference to the temps?

Back
Top Bottom