• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I'm thinking buying this card does it work just like any other single gpu card would but a lot faster just the noise an heat an the coil whine that bit worried about will build whole new PC system around it just keeping my large case an PSU.
Or wait a few months not in a rush really but it's a good deal for 7990.
Those stats LtMatt posted look real good compared to the gtx 780 which cost more.

Last edited:
It works like any other single GPU card (from usage standpoint). The latest drivers has ironed out most of the problems the card had at launch.

But it will produce more heat than a single GPU card, so one needs a good ventilated case. That can transport the warm air expelled from the top and "bottom" of the card. Under load you will see temps of 80 - 90, so the case needs to expel as much of this fast to keep from excessively heating the innards of the rest of the case.

Last edited:
Have tried to overclock and bench in the same scene in Crysis 3. Using Afterburner with ULPS off, and unofficial overclok with powerplay.

1100/1520 - 40 fps 65-70% usage on cores
1000/1500 - 40 fps 80-85% usage on cores

This is on 13.8 B2.

What are you others seeing?

Have tried to overclock and bench in the same scene in Crysis 3. Using Afterburner with ULPS off, and unofficial overclok with powerplay.

1100/1520 - 40 fps 65-70% usage on cores
1000/1500 - 40 fps 80-85% usage on cores

This is on 13.8 B2.

What are you others seeing?

What cpu have you got and what speed is it running at?

This I can test, if I go 4.5Ghz on the CPU i should see the numbers for the GPU rise right?

You should see usage increase a bit maybe. I think crysis can use up to 8/12 threads/cores though so not sure what sort of increase you'll see. Ideally you want a i7 2700k/3770k/4770k driving that 7990. Its like putting a Skoda engine in a Ferrari with your current setup. ;)

You should see usage increase a bit maybe. I think crysis can use up to 8/12 threads/cores though so not sure what sort of increase you'll see. Ideally you want a i7 2700k/3770k/4770k driving that 7990. Its like putting a Skoda engine in a Ferrari with your current setup. ;)

It'll use 6-8 I think. It performs very well on the 8320/50 too. Unplayable on an i3.

Back
Top Bottom