• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

the whine seems to come and go....not so noticeable tonight playing bf3 for a few hours.....temps not too bad either....upto around 75c on both gpus.....

overall quite a decent card........I don't find it that long either coming from a sapphire toxic hd6950

put me on the list as a 7990 owner :)

Last edited:
Went into an even Smaller Form Factor...SG-01...yep it's in a SUGO now :D

Pics incoming soon...and it is much cooler now thanks to the 2x80mm exhaust fans positioned about the card and the vent on the side allow some cool air to be sucked in from the side of the case.

It looks so good in there ;)

So here's the beast in the mini-beast :D

Load now a more acceptable 80 max and idling around 38 :) Those small exhaust fans which are near silent at full load making a massive difference it would seem.

e3si.jpg

xwps.jpg

y7ce.jpg

Could certainly do with a Modular PSU to tidy things up but since the CPU temps are fine there should be no need :)

Suarez I'm running on 750w but I doubt you need that much depending on what CPU setup you have running.

Last edited:
CPU is a 3770k @ 4.6ghz. PSU is a 660w Seasonic Platinum which actually surpasses its rating in tests. Still don't know whether to risk it though, wanted a 780 but when I can pay same price for one of these it makes me think twice.

Nice fit btw in that above picture, compact rigs are awesome!

CPU is a 3770k @ 4.6ghz. PSU is a 660w Seasonic Platinum which actually surpasses its rating in tests. Still don't know whether to risk it though, wanted a 780 but when I can pay same price for one of these it makes me think twice.

Cheers mate...yeah thought I'd give the Sugo a go today again...pleasantly surprised, although I had an idea it may be better.

Hmmm...you may be ok then, although hard to tell really, especially when you start clocking the 7990 and your CPU is already clocked. You'd be pushing it no doubt.

Get a 7990, I'd swap my 7950 Ice-Q's for one in a heartbeat.

I'd love to but if it means replacing my PSU as well I really cba :p

You have a platinum psu though don't you? Don't they normally go above and beyond their actual rating? I know mine does and i only have an XFX 750W silver psu. According to reviews it can put out up to 950W on overload before shutting down. So id imagine going up to 100w over the limit wouldn't be a problem with a quality psu.

You have a platinum psu though don't you? Don't they normally go above and beyond their actual rating? I know mine does and i only have an XFX 750W silver psu. According to reviews it can put out up to 950W on overload before shutting down. So id imagine going up to 100w over the limit wouldn't be a problem with a quality psu.

Yeah, I'm trying to google to see if anyone is using a 7990 on my PSU, if I find out it can run it I'll probably buy one right away.

Yeah, I'm trying to google to see if anyone is using a 7990 on my PSU, if I find out it can run it I'll probably buy one right away.

Check out psu reviews as well. Might give you an indication of how much extra your psu can put out. I found the info about mine from hardware heaven.

I'd bet your psu would be fine up to 750w and that will be enough for a 7990.

WOW!

That was a tight fit, my card touches and tightly fits against my HDD bays! I was worried I wasn't going to get it in...

Just a query now, should crossfire be turned on in Catalyst Control Centre? Also should I leave frame-pacing on?

Back
Top Bottom