• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Just seen a review that showed total system wattage of around 500w full load, really tempted to take a chance on a 7990 now.

What games do you get with it?

Just seen a review that showed total system wattage of around 500w full load, really tempted to take a chance on a 7990 now.

What games do you get with it?

Sim city, Tomb raider , Crysis 3 , Farcry 3 blood dragon,Bioshock Infinite , and 3 from the never settle forever promo.

Anyone please? :)

No , Crossfire is enabled by default and wont show as an option, and yes leave frame pacing on.

No , Crossfire is enabled by default and wont show as an option, and yes leave frame pacing on.

Cheers, I did see that it was automatically on but there is an option in CCC to turn it on for applications with no profile.

So, I have done some benchmarking but I'm not getting as good scores as I expected, this is on stock clocks though, has anyone overclocked one yet?

Cheers, I did see that it was automatically on but there is an option in CCC to turn it on for applications with no profile.

So, I have done some benchmarking but I'm not getting as good scores as I expected, this is on stock clocks though, has anyone overclocked one yet?

Yes, but not seeing any gains...but I have only tested with Crysis 3.
Turn of ULPS and use Afterburner (unofficial overclocking with powerplay)

I can set mine to 1100 / 1500 (30) (have not done much with vram clocks)
I see no difference and sometimes it get worse.

You think ill of me, Sir

If you are using Afterburner to change the clocks you need to ensure you have selected the option to reset/refresh the graphics driver...or something along those lines...if that isn't selected you can change the clocks but will see no increase in performance as they won't kick in until the driver is refreshed.

If you are using Afterburner to change the clocks you need to ensure you have selected the option to reset/refresh the graphics driver...or something along those lines...if that isn't selected you can change the clocks but will see no increase in performance as they won't kick in until the driver is refreshed.

I do see the set clocks in RadeonPro when the games is running, that I take as a indication Afterburner has applied the clock settings.

So on my first over clock I have...

core - 1120MHz
Memory - 1600MHz
89c on the temps (which I am not sure if that is too high or not)

1831 score on Heaven 4.0

Which is up from 1635 score on Heaven 4.0 on the factory settings.

After some playing about it seems the 7990 does not want to go much above 1100MHz to 1120Mhz on the core clock.

The memory is going up ok and I am at 1700MHz on this and I feel it can still go further.

This is all on 1250mV on the core voltage, temps hit a maximum of 91c which I do not know if this is acceptable for a dual GPU card?

After some playing about it seems the 7990 does not want to go much above 1100MHz to 1115Mhz on the core clock.

The memory is going up ok and I am at 1700MHz on this and I feel it can still go further.

This is all on 1250mV on the core voltage, temps hit a maximum of 91c which I do not know if this is acceptable for a dual GPU card?

Set fans to 100% when gaming, wear headphones.

Also tried Heaven, running with everything maxed out at 2560x1600 i get 1014 on stock and 1062 on 1100/1600.

Going to Custom / DX11 / Ultra / TessOff / AA x8 / 1920 x 1080 i get 2632 at 1100/1600

To bad I hardly see any FPS improvements in Crysis 3 :/

Seems my overclock wasn't too stable as Far Cry 3 blood dragon crashed after 20mins and Unigine Valley crashed half way through.

Not sure if it is a heat issue though as temps are getting incredibly high.

So with fans running at 100% during benching I got...

3745 on Unigine Valley with an overclock of..

1250mV
1115 MHz
1700 MHz

This still isn't as high a score as I anticipated with this card but I guess my i5 3570K overclocked to 4.5GHz is holding the score back compared to an i7?

Last edited:
Shouldn't be holding it back, in one of the bench threads a guy is near the top with a 2500k when everyone around him on the leaderboard has i7's.

It's probably cause I cannot get the 7990 above 1115 on the core clock and 1700 on the memory.

I'm getting good score don't get me wrong I just hoped to be higher on various overclocking leaderboards, for a dual GPU card I'm hovering around 25-30 on leaderboards haha!

Back
Top Bottom