• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Guys I'm really interested in the Gigabyte 7990 deal and need to know what the minimum Psu wattage for this card is, what are you guys using? :)

If reviews are anything to go by, it hardly breaks 500W with the rest of the system, so I would be inclined to say that a quality 600W PSU would do just fine, as long as you don't overclock (or overvolt, for that matter).

Hi guys, new 7990 owner here :)

Quick question... Is the card meant to be 'wonky' whilst in my system?

2n6c177.jpg

I have failed to resist and ordered the Gigabyte 7990 @ £391 + vat with the Golden Ticket (and respected RMA) ... that is less than the cheapest 780 gtx which I was considering as a move from my 7970, have mulled on this for a while now and that price got me hooked!

It should go well with my current 7970 with some case cooling mods possibly and my i7 920 CPU did fine with a pair of overclocked 7950s a while back with performance to spare .... I expect that this may well prompt an upgrade when I explain to the missus that the usage charts show the graphics bottlenecked and as such that I'll be needing moar cores as the CPU is now too old :D But, I'll see how it copes first ...

What are the results of changing the paste on the Gigabyte 7990s for a known good one, has anyone tested this yet?

I recon its the same cooler for all 7990. I have taken off mine to fit a WC block.
The cores have some kind of glue paste on them so you would have to scrape that off.

Then get some good paste on there....no problem getting it sorted

Back
Top Bottom