• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

What are you guys on air running this at overclocked?
Im on 1600 mem and 1100 core at the moment and got to about 72degrees max in the valley benchmark on extreme HD which doesnt seem to bad.. Especially with reports of the 290x being 95degrees.

What are you guys on air running this at overclocked?
Im on 1600 mem and 1100 core at the moment and got to about 72degrees max in the valley benchmark on extreme HD which doesnt seem to bad.. Especially with reports of the 290x being 95degrees.

Under water for me as I am 100% 24/7 on both chips LiteCoin mining.

60 under water and 92 under air. Both scenarios running for a week at 1100/1500

Under gaming you are not at 100% for hours on end.

Running on air im hitting about 70-72degrees max on the valley benchmark with mem at 1600 and core at 1125...Does that sound like a pretty good overclock for air? not sure if i want to push it anymore.. Increase the mem more probably wont give much of a boost. This is at 70% fan speed too.

I spoke too soon at 1125 on core i was getting a weird screen looping artifact...guess i can't push it anymore without
increasing voltage.

I managed to break the middle fan on my 7990 ... poking around with moving a cable and my finger caught it. Seems very brittle as 3 blades came off! First time I've lost a blade off any fan in loads of years ...

Have strapped a 90mm fan to the shroud for now but its a bit slow so could do with a faster one or replace the original ... will see if I can get one somewhere.

Have a 240v fan pointed at my open case to help out until its sorted :) In heaven, on air @ 1150/1650 it gets to low 80s with 100% fan with the assistance I describe above ! :D It shares the case with a 7970 Lightning so that interferes a bit ...

Asus HD 7990 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £449.99 inc VAT

GX-327-AS_400.jpg

With more than twice the processing power of previous generation AMD discrete graphics cards, ATI Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics cards deliver a cinematic gaming experience and unprecedented performance.

Features:-
- PCI-E 3.0 Ready: Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe GEN2 for faster GPU- CPU
- HD 7990 is a dual GPU card
- Core Clock Speed: 950MHz
- Core Boost Speed: 1000MHz
- Primitive Rate: 2 prim / clk
- Shader Architecture: GCN
- Stream Processors: 64 CU / 4096 ALU
- Texture Units: 256
- ROPS / Z-Stencil: 64 / 256
- Frame Buffer / Memory: 3GB GDDR5
- Memory Width / Speed: 2x384 bit / 6000MHz
- Load / Idle Board Power: <500W / <3W
- Power Connectors: 2x 8-pin required