• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

1,2? You mean default yeah..1200 so basically for gaming you leave it at stock voltages

Depends on how stable your card is.

If you are running stock, then yes leave it stock.

If your are overclocking, then get to your max overclock, drop it by about 200mhz on GPU and RAM and leave the voltage where it was and test a game. If you like then drop voltage by 0.05 until it dies and put it back.

I presume the artifact i was seeing was releated to not enough voltage? it was like the the title screen was looping up the screen and flickering.
Once i lowered the core back to 1100 it was fine.

Asus HD 7990 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £449.99 inc VAT

GX-327-AS_400.jpg

With more than twice the processing power of previous generation AMD discrete graphics cards, ATI Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics cards deliver a cinematic gaming experience and unprecedented performance.

Features:-
- PCI-E 3.0 Ready: Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe GEN2 for faster GPU- CPU
- HD 7990 is a dual GPU card
- Core Clock Speed: 950MHz
- Core Boost Speed: 1000MHz
- Primitive Rate: 2 prim / clk
- Shader Architecture: GCN
- Stream Processors: 64 CU / 4096 ALU
- Texture Units: 256
- ROPS / Z-Stencil: 64 / 256
- Frame Buffer / Memory: 3GB GDDR5
- Memory Width / Speed: 2x384 bit / 6000MHz
- Load / Idle Board Power: <500W / <3W
- Power Connectors: 2x 8-pin required
- Display Outputs: DL-DVI-I, 4x Mini-Displayport
- AMD Golden Ticket: Choose 3 FREE Games: http://www.amd4u.com/radeonrewards/
- 3yr Warranty

Was [£599.99] Inc. VAT

Only £449.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Typical, nervous about the XFX one because of CS. Now we get an Asus one cheap...
Why can't someone with good CS have a good price!

Last edited:
Keep your eyes peeled for the gigabyte 7990 going at £439.99 like it did a few days back
True Mr Gibbo did say the prices would go up soon as the 290 were a plenty but get a feeling he will not resist doing a special price on the gigabyte one last time:)

the only reason is basically if you dont like crossfire. Its faster yes and cooler but you get the issues that come with a crossfire setup. Iv used crossfire for 4 years though and it doesn't bother me plus its much better now with frame pacing. I was in the same situation as i only just for my 7990 a few days ago from one of these deals.

+1 for the newer frame pacing and drivers I had quadfire running on water and not 1 hiccup in 4 weeks, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy its come very close to being my faveourite setup in many years :D

+1 for the newer frame pacing and drivers I had quadfire running on water and not 1 hiccup in 4 weeks, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy its come very close to being my faveourite setup in many years :D

With the advances AMD have made in both Frame Pacing and general Crossfire optimisation there is not reason not to snap this card up :)

I'm just gutted I didn't resist for longer and got an uber cheap price :p Ended up paying around £500 all in for mines (-sale of games + cashback)

Is there any reason to by a 290X over this Asus deal? From what I have seen, the 7990 is much faster than the 290X.

The 7990 is faster. 15-30% faster. It's cooler, 23c cooler. It only uses 50w more than the 290x too.

Seriously? with the frame pacing drivers you've not got much to worry about. I've been avoiding Crossfire ever since I had two 5770s due to the horrific micro stutter that absolutely ruined games for me (some don't seem bothered about it but it drove me nuts).

The 7990, even with three screens will lose in nothing when put against the 290X.

Can some 7990s owners confirm something for me, I ordered 2 x gigabyte 7990s they were advertised as 950 core but came with base clocks of 1000 am wondering if the other brands are the same?
Thanks in advance:)

Yeah 1000 is the boost clock i think so that shows at the maximun clock in things like gpu-z ect? Either way i got the HIS one and that shows 1000

Can some 7990s owners confirm something for me, I ordered 2 x gigabyte 7990s they were advertised as 950 core but came with base clocks of 1000 am wondering if the other brands are the same?
Thanks in advance:)

mine came with 2 bios. one is stock the other is the boosted 1000mhz bios.

Your right lol. Mine is the same.. Although its overclocked to 1100 now though.

i was wondering would an 860 watt platinum psu be able to handle another 7970 on top of these? looking at benchmarks thats faster than 2xtitan and would be much less heat than adding another 7990.

Back
Top Bottom