• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Would preorder this but still unsure of performance improvements from what I have currently, closest ive seen is this comparing a 6990 to a pair of 7970's

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/515?vs=588

Obviously doesn't take into consideration the other 6970 I have.

TBH mate the 7990 should obliterate the three 6970s you have. 6970 wasn't even as quick as the 580. In fact it was closer to the 570 Geforce.. The 7970 obliterated the 580. Had it not? AMD would have been in trouble.

Then there's trifire. It's nowhere near as reliable as twin card Crossfire. Power use, heat output.. ETC ETC.

You can't compare cards like the 6970 with the 7970 IMO. Totally different league.

TBH mate the 7990 should obliterate the three 6970s you have. 6970 wasn't even as quick as the 580. In fact it was closer to the 570 Geforce.. The 7970 obliterated the 580. Had it not? AMD would have been in trouble.

Then there's trifire. It's nowhere near as reliable as twin card Crossfire. Power use, heat output.. ETC ETC.

You can't compare cards like the 6970 with the 7970 IMO. Totally different league.

Plus factoring mantle in for bf4 there's a good chance it'll do even better. Prob preorder it Monday from the looks of it :)

You'll lose sympathy if i tell you but ok...

I bought 2x7950's for £460. Had a couple of faulty ones so had a load of games codes. Ending up getting £100 for codes so paid £360. The point is for £460 now i could have a 7990 plus change or a 290X.

Such is life. I don't regret buying my 780 just because I snagged a great deal on a 7990

Are all brands the same then with these? i know there all the AMD design, but between HIS xfx sapphire and asus are any generally considered better?

Back
Top Bottom