• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

What adapters do you get with 7990s ? I have three screens and one DVI, one miniDisplayport and one HDMI. Since the 7990 has one DVI and four mDPs, do I need anOther mDP to DVI adapter ?

Thanks.
cj

I ordered one last night. Currently rocking a HD 7770. Looking forward to playing some 'new games' at 'high settings'.

I think im going to have to get a new monitor now for it to stretch it's legs a bit.:cool:

What adapters do you get with 7990s ? I have three screens and one DVI, one miniDisplayport and one HDMI. Since the 7990 has one DVI and four mDPs, do I need anOther mDP to DVI adapter ?

Thanks.
cj

IIRC (I only unboxed mine to check it was physically OK) you get one Displayport to HDMI? something like that.

It won't affect me as I'll be running mine DVI.

Need to replace my 6990 what do you guys think between the 7990 or the r9 290x
Also what make? can get the xfx really cheap and the sapphire for 415 or Asus 399?

Thanks

Just ordered a asus 7990, upgrading from two 5870s so should see a small improvement :) I was going to get a 290x but the reference cooler looks pants and a aftermarket one will probably add to much to the price, and at £400 just had to take advantage of gibbo's mental state :)

Just ordered a asus 7990, upgrading from two 5870s so should see a small improvement :) I was going to get a 290x but the reference cooler looks pants and a aftermarket one will probably add to much to the price, and at £400 just had to take advantage of gibbo's mental state :)

he'll realize what he's done come monday ;)

IIRC (I only unboxed mine to check it was physically OK) you get one Displayport to HDMI? something like that.

It won't affect me as I'll be running mine DVI.

Hm. my monitors are DVI Or VGA only. I guess I need mDP to DVI or VGA for the third monitor to get this card.

cj

does this coil whine thing only happen in games?and not when your surfing the web.
i can handle if its just in games and not when im doing stuff on the desktop.

What kind of PSU would i need to run another 7970 along with a 7990? Theres a review online that stated it took about 750 watts but they didn't have a dvd drive ect and just the basics for the benchmarks.

ooh just saw i got an email from amd for the last 2 bundle keys for crysis 3 and bioshock infinite. So i got all 8 free games in the end lol. Shame the bioshock key is useless for me.

Ok so just upgraded to a Corsair AX1200i with the power monitor software and here are some results

Sapphire HD7990 water cooled.

Running 24/7 Litecoin mining at 1100/1500 and 1.170volts and 20% power limit.

Both CPU's maxed out completely and taking 440w according to the ax1200i !!!!!

The new PSU had highlighted why my PC would suddenly reboot. I was running the 2 8 pin power cables for the GPU via 1 cable on my older tx850 PSU.

When I did the same on the 1200i, the PC would reboot after 2 mins of mining. Switching to single cables to the PSU has solved the problem.

These cards do take a hell of a lotta juice :)

Ok so just upgraded to a Corsair AX1200i with the power monitor software and here are some results

The new PSU had highlighted why my PC would suddenly reboot. I was running the 2 8 pin power cables for the GPU via 1 cable on my older tx850 PSU.

When I did the same on the 1200i, the PC would reboot after 2 mins of mining. Switching to single cables to the PSU has solved the problem.

I've tested my card to be stable at 1.165v so far. I know it fails at 1.150-1.155. Can't be bothered to check if stable for long periods at 1.160v

@1100 1575.

Glad the PSU is up to the job :)

Glad the PSU is up to the job :)

Yes, it is an awesome PSU mate and thanxs.

Had a bit of a scare early on when it would self test out of the box but when you plugged in the 24 pin connector it would not.

Apparently they are suppose to do that !!!!!!

Other than that, nice to have a full modular and reduce all the unwanted cables and definitely need it for 2x7990's with 4 separate PCI/e cables as with the problem above.

Thanks mate, great meeting you.

Back
Top Bottom