• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Yes, it is an awesome PSU mate and thanxs.

Had a bit of a scare early on when it would self test out of the box but when you plugged in the 24 pin connector it would not.

Apparently they are suppose to do that !!!!!!

Other than that, nice to have a full modular and reduce all the unwanted cables and definitely need it for 2x7990's with 4 separate PCI/e cables as with the problem above.

Thanks mate, great meeting you.

You too - any probs just drop me a line

Cat..you might know the answer to this... Do you think an 860 watt platinum PSU would be enough to add a 7970 to the 7990? According to a benchmark it uses about 760 watts but thats on a benchmarking system.. for benchmarking.

Cat..you might know the answer to this... Do you think an 860 watt platinum PSU would be enough to add a 7970 to the 7990? According to a benchmark it uses about 760 watts but thats on a benchmarking system.. for benchmarking.

Well my 7990 on full chat 100% on both CPU's is taking 420 - 450w

The 7970 would probably add another 200+ to that so lets call it a round 800w

Then u need fans, CPU, HDD and all the other stuff.

You might not have enough juice with 860w mate. Personally I would wager you would not.

Only one way to find out.

would like some advice from some 7990 users , im about to sell my 7950 , and there is kinda no upgrade path for me to upgrade ,290x with stock cooler is a no and expensive ,290 no were seen and new 280x updated is no were seen.

so its only choice of 7990 , i'm just worried about multi gpu issues , i mostly play cs:go and will play battlefield 4.

Well my 7990 on full chat 100% on both CPU's is taking 420 - 450w

The 7970 would probably add another 200+ to that so lets call it a round 800w

Then u need fans, CPU, HDD and all the other stuff.

You might not have enough juice with 860w mate. Personally I would wager you would not.

Only one way to find out.

I know seasonic x560 is not enough to power hd 7990 in a long run,but if I buy this card(I pre-order it),Gibbo said that price is going up on Monday,so I bought myself some time to think about it.
I've red that card needs 380W.
IF i get this card will my power supply mange to start up and test this card?nothing extreme.
I'm going to buy bigger psu later if I like the card.(Drivers and coil whine)
My wife is the problem,told her I need new gpu,she didn't take that well,new psu is a bit to much straight away.thanks

I know seasonic x560 is not enough to power hd 7990 in a long run,but if I buy this card(I pre-order it),Gibbo said that price is going up on Monday,so I bought myself some time to think about it.
I've red that card needs 380W.
IF i get this card will my power supply mange to start up and test this card?nothing extreme.
I'm going to buy bigger psu later if I like the card.(Drivers and coil whine)
My wife is the problem,told her I need new gpu,she didn't take that well,new psu is a bit to much straight away.thanks

You will get frustrated if it starts to pull power during gaming and maxes out as it will just instantly reboot your PC, no warning.

380 - 420w needed for this card and that is NOT INCLUDING fans, CPU and other things connected. Bare minimum I would say would be 650 - 700w and that may push it depending on what else you have connected.

Well my finger has been on the buy button since yesterday but im still concerned about the coil whine,
It will be under water and theres already 7 fans running so im thinking assuming it does have the whine will it be audible at idle over the fan noise which is pretty quite .

would like some advice from some 7990 users , im about to sell my 7950 , and there is kinda no upgrade path for me to upgrade ,290x with stock cooler is a no and expensive ,290 no were seen and new 280x updated is no were seen.

so its only choice of 7990 , i'm just worried about multi gpu issues , i mostly play cs:go and will play battlefield 4.

Most of them fixed with latest catalyst drivers and frame pacing. Happily played BF4 beta on mine with no issues.

You will get frustrated if it starts to pull power during gaming and maxes out as it will just instantly reboot your PC, no warning.

380 - 420w needed for this card and that is NOT INCLUDING fans, CPU and other things connected. Bare minimum I would say would be 650 - 700w and that may push it depending on what else you have connected.

If I get this gpu first a need to get new psu. ok I look around for something 700w.ta

Hay, just got my 7990 today.
I have overclocked it a little cc is at 1100 and mc at 1575
Have run heaven benchmark got a score of 1323 with min fps of 12.5 and max of 109 max temp hit 90
does this sound about right to you guys? Bloody hell this thing is loud!
Also afterburner wont go past the OC i have set, i was sure that the limits can be increased, is there any way to increase the limits?
Cheers

Hay, just got my 7990 today.
I have overclocked it a little cc is at 1100 and mc at 1575
Have run heaven benchmark got a score of 1323 with min fps of 12.5 and max of 109 max temp hit 90
does this sound about right to you guys? Bloody hell this thing is loud!
Also afterburner wont go past the OC i have set, i was sure that the limits can be increased, is there any way to increase the limits?
Cheers

Nope doesn't sound right, think somebody mentioned that you need to set crossfire on in the driver control panel. Have you done this?

Also what resolution was that at? and what is the rest of your system spec?

I would expect 3k+ at 1080p.

Wait actually can you just clarify is that Heaven 4.0 or Valley? if Heaven 4.0 then your score is probably about right given that your CPU will probably hold back a 7990 slightly.

Also curious is that an XFX model? I've got one arriving in a couple of hours so be good to know if your overclocks are something I can achieve.

yeah its the XFX, i imagine that you will get the same. would be good to go a bit higher but with the temps it is doubtfull. I tryed to lower the voltage, when running the benchmark it was fine but when i fired up crysis 3 it crashed after about 30sec in game

Back
Top Bottom