• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Hay, just got my 7990 today.
I have overclocked it a little cc is at 1100 and mc at 1575
Have run heaven benchmark got a score of 1323 with min fps of 12.5 and max of 109 max temp hit 90
does this sound about right to you guys? Bloody hell this thing is loud!
Also afterburner wont go past the OC i have set, i was sure that the limits can be increased, is there any way to increase the limits?
Cheers

go back a few pages and find the posts regarding MSI Afterburner.
You should disable ULPS, and have a custom fan profile. I will not run the 7990 at 1100 1575 with default fan profile.
I made mine to reach 62% fan speed at 78C. and let it drop to like 30% at 40C. I've not set it to go above 62%. It's perfectly tolerable upto 62%.

At extreme, i can accept 70% fan speed, but no more.

Do what the above poster said and run the default extreme settings (but change to 1080p fullscreen) at 1080p, you should get between 1600-1700 points without overclock, and with overclocks at 1100 1575= 1800-2000 points.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just bought a 7990 yesterday. Great looking card and looking forward to using it.

At stock it gives a boost core clock of 1000MHz (Mem 1500MHz) and stock max voltage I am seeing is 1.2V.

I have MSI AB and set up a custom fan profile but have not disabled ULPS and have not tried to overclock it at all yet. On 3DMark11 at stock I am getting a GPU score of 18,184. Wondering if that sounds about right. In fps terms it certainly seems up there with my 2x 780s.

How far have people been able to push voltage on the stock cooler in these? Is above 1100/1150 core clock achievable? Are the limits mainly thermals? Any custom bioses available for these or is stock bios ok for overclocking?

New scores!! ran on heaven 4.0 followed the settings on the link. score 1850 fps 73.4..... min fps 8.5 max 173.9 highest temp after a play with the profile was 84.

1850 at 1080p extreme is a little on the low side (for 1100,1575) and the min fps shouldn't be single digit, i think this might be a slight concern.

My min fps is 23 at 1100Mhz Gpu, 1575Mhz Ram. And if my memory serves me correct the min fps typically is around 18-25.

& Temps are fine (default fan speed?)

hay nicnik
all sorted. I had some stuff running in the background. Have just benched again and this seems more in keeping with your score
min 26.3
max 172.7
score 1867
thanks for your input

hay nicnik
all sorted. I had some stuff running in the background. Have just benched again and this seems more in keeping with your score
min 26.3
max 172.7
score 1867
thanks for your input

Have you disabled ULPS? That can cause the core clock on the second gpu to underclock.

Score seems ok bit lower than I would expect but could be due to CPU and potentially ULPS if that is still enabled.

i have disabled ULPS, could be to do with the cpu i guess?
i cant think of anything else. Do i need to disable everything else that is running when i run the bench? anti virus and a couple of other things were still going i think

Haha, no problem there probably isn't any need to be honest, unless framerates are suffering (which I imagine they aren't ;)) then it's not really an issue.

Hi guys, just bought a 7990 yesterday. Great looking card and looking forward to using it.

At stock it gives a boost core clock of 1000MHz (Mem 1500MHz) and stock max voltage I am seeing is 1.2V.

I have MSI AB and set up a custom fan profile but have not disabled ULPS and have not tried to overclock it at all yet. On 3DMark11 at stock I am getting a GPU score of 18,184. Wondering if that sounds about right. In fps terms it certainly seems up there with my 2x 780s.

How far have people been able to push voltage on the stock cooler in these? Is above 1100/1150 core clock achievable? Are the limits mainly thermals? Any custom bioses available for these or is stock bios ok for overclocking?

That is a good score and on stock speeds, wow. Overclocking mine and on 4.8Ghz 3930 I only get low 18's

What memory, cpu are you using, got a 3dmark link ?

Back
Top Bottom