• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

yes about 20% increase in 3dmark scores for me. Frame rates rise about 20 or more in the tests.

Near every review ive seen with the core at 1100 shows 3fps over what it was previous. :confused: Suppose it might now show an improvement in benchmarks of game compared to actual gameplay.

Near every review ive seen with the core at 1100 shows 3fps over what it was previous. :confused: Suppose it might now show an improvement in benchmarks of game compared to actual gameplay.

quite possibly, just my experience of watching the frame rate counter in 3dmark between stock and my o/c

This is going from stock to 1250/1750

hmmm...needs some help here :(

since i start playing BF4, i have never ever been able to finish a single game without crashing (totally frozen, cant even call up task manager/or even move the mouse). then by chance i managed to switch to desktop and i saw this message.

any idea how to fix it? i never had this problem when i was in beta.

0tQHJ7U.jpg

I just talked to my friend beasty ocuk and hes having the same problems and he also has a 7990. I just completed the single player game in one session even paused it for 2 hrs but im on a gtx 690. He says it crashes randomly

hmmm...needs some help here :(

since i start playing BF4, i have never ever been able to finish a single game without crashing (totally frozen, cant even call up task manager/or even move the mouse). then by chance i managed to switch to desktop and i saw this message.

any idea how to fix it? i never had this problem when i was in beta.

0tQHJ7U.jpg

i just tried disabling crossfire and only run the game on a single 7970. i dialed back the details, but still get the message. just that this time it takes abit longer. :(

i just found that, if i minimise the game and return to desktop, then back into the game, then it prolongs the playing time before crashing. so every time i die i just switch to desktop then back. seems to work so far...

i just tried disabling crossfire and only run the game on a single 7970. i dialed back the details, but still get the message. just that this time it takes abit longer. :(

hi i am running a xfx 7990 had not one crash in 13hrs of gaming getting 75 -120fps running really smooth, i am running latest drivers, i had to reinstall the drivers the first time they didnt work reinstalled them and they worked great.

working fine so far for me.
Managed to get Radeonpro working. (disable origin in-game)
Without Radeonpro I can't play with Vsync on (like most games), there's input lag :P

I notice card is running hotter than any other game i have tho, w/ vsync off.

i just found that, if i minimise the game and return to desktop, then back into the game, then it prolongs the playing time before crashing. so every time i die i just switch to desktop then back. seems to work so far...

Sure you're not overheating?

Had my 7990 for a week now and loving it, no coil whine at all and so so quiet coming from 480GTX sli. That said though the jump wasn't as huge as i expected in BF3, 480sli still played at ultra well above 60fps on my 1280p monitor.

This is my first AMD card since the days of the 9800pro and i am trying to get to grips with the Catalyst control centre.............. I can't find any way of making sure it is running as Crossfire, can you enable and disable the 7990 or as both GPU are on one board does it not allow it.

I have been playing a lot of BF4 today and some maps it stays pinned at 60fps (vsync on) but some it drops to 40's..... now considering this is one of the fastest cards on the planet I wouldn't of expected the drop.

So is the anyway of checking I have it set up correctly?

Had my 7990 for a week now and loving it, no coil whine at all and so so quiet coming from 480GTX sli. That said though the jump wasn't as huge as i expected in BF3, 480sli still played at ultra well above 60fps on my 1280p monitor.

This is my first AMD card since the days of the 9800pro and i am trying to get to grips with the Catalyst control centre.............. I can't find any way of making sure it is running as Crossfire, can you enable and disable the 7990 or as both GPU are on one board does it not allow it.

I have been playing a lot of BF4 today and some maps it stays pinned at 60fps (vsync on) but some it drops to 40's..... now considering this is one of the fastest cards on the planet I wouldn't of expected the drop.

So is the anyway of checking I have it set up correctly?

You should be getting a lot higher fps than that
But it also depends on your cpu aswell
Use a gpu monitoring program to check both are loading and working corrrect

Back
Top Bottom