• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

weeeee...my 7990 just shipped from ocuk, gonna arrive tomorrow
please please please let there be no coil while else i'd be so sad...

ULPS Off. And if u hear some sound initially it will die down. Mine has 0 whine now whatever i do, even in menu's with 300+ fps.

Jus give it a few days if it does have coil whine, let it heat up and cook itself ;)

Hello

We have a long threat about this issue in Spain
http://translate.google.es/translat...icias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Please use Google translation
http://translate.google.es/translat...icias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Look at the graphs.

o56sqhEl.jpg

Our preliminary conclusions is that the power fase are insufficient so the card has to regulate it self. In w8 it does OK but in w7 doesn't. So if your voltage is lower than 11.5 V de load will drop in w7 from 98 to 60 % jumping all the time and in w8 to a constant 92%.

The only solution to get the best of 7990 is a gold power supply higher than 800w with w8 and power limit +20%.

Do you have the same experience or the 7990 series that have been sold in Spain are wrong?

Thanks

Having problems with my 2x7990 cards under water Bitcoin mining 24/7

It was dumping a lot of heat into the room making the ambient and hence cooling really problematic.

My airflow is such that the only exhaust is through the NZXT 810 roof triple radiator so a bit of cardboard and gaffer tape has come up with this attached to the removeable 810 top grill :D

Proper bodge job, but seems to be working with the hot exhaust pushed out of an open window and ambient temps dropping as I speak :D:D

20131105_205045.jpg

Might make a proper one next with a fan to push the air out seeing as the prototype seems to be working as expected. :)

Wonder if there is a market for this :)

Having problems with my 2x7990 cards under water Bitcoin mining 24/7

It was dumping a lot of heat into the room making the ambient and hence cooling really problematic.

My airflow is such that the only exhaust is through the NZXT 810 roof triple radiator so a bit of cardboard and gaffer tape has come up with this attached to the removeable 810 top grill :D

Proper bodge job, but seems to be working with the hot exhaust pushed out of an open window and ambient temps dropping as I speak :D:D

20131105_205045.jpg

Might make a proper one next with a fan to push the air out seeing as the prototype seems to be working as expected. :)

Wonder if there is a market for this :)

Very ghetto but I like it :)

More bodging on the prototype.

Not efficient enough as the heat was not escaping the rad quickly enough and so to speak was "bottlenecking" it. So 10 mins later and a fan added to the duct to push out the air.

Running out of Cellotape at this rate :D:D:D

20131105_231221.jpg

lol. your room must be cold with the window open >.<
and damn dpd. apparently no one was around to receive my 7990 even though it was supposed to be delivered to a hospital reception desk o.0
good job steve (that's the driver's name) i wonder how he pulled that off...

lol. your room must be cold with the window open >.<
and damn dpd. apparently no one was around to receive my 7990 even though it was supposed to be delivered to a hospital reception desk o.0
good job steve (that's the driver's name) i wonder how he pulled that off...

2 windows open :) I like it cool. Last night it got down to 7 degrees inside, tonight outside temp is 6 degrees but no air movement, so inside is 16 degrees. Struggling. The rest of the house is good tho, nice and warm.

I need more rad space, so going to swap out the 240 for a 240 monsta rad. I can now move the heat, just need to get the temps down a bit.

If it works, will fashion a proper version instead of a Cellotape version :)

Bad luck on the card delivery, probably could not find the reception, hospitals can be a right pain especially if u are delivering and not "parking" :( Gotta love delivery drivers eh.... Expecting 2 deliveries tomorrow myself. Hope they don't mess me around.

Cat

Last edited:
hmmm...may be a reason to buy a new case for christmas o.0
but i dont like tower cases...i like the haf xb if it supported watercooling without modding and didnt look so ugly
the corsair 540 would be perfect if it was oriented like the haf xb =s

hmmm...may be a reason to buy a new case for christmas o.0
but i dont like tower cases...i like the haf xb if it supported watercooling without modding and didnt look so ugly
the corsair 540 would be perfect if it was oriented like the haf xb =s

Nah suck it up and go for a mega case :) It's Christmas after all soon :)

Hey guys - Just got my 7990 today and been clocking it this evening. So far am on 1.18V and 1185/1575 on the stock cooler. The slider won't go any further for the memory in Afterburner. What tools are you guys using to push past 1575?

Am using the 13.11 drivers and MSI afterburner 3.0.0.16

Hey guys - Just got my 7990 today and been clocking it this evening. So far am on 1.18V and 1185/1575 on the stock cooler. The slider won't go any further for the memory in Afterburner. What tools are you guys using to push past 1575?

Go to settings in AB and set "extend official overclocking" and also switch off UPLS as well with powerplay support. Reboot try again. :)

Also useful to ensure you have treat similar GPU's the same. Have a look around the settings of AB.

Check that Catalyst has frame pacing on, search around you will find it.

Good luck and post results.

Last edited:
Nah suck it up and go for a mega case :) It's Christmas after all soon :)

i dont like vertically mounted mobos though lol
sagging gpus and all that...

damn. that's some pretty good clocks. i hope mine's like that lol
and that's your heating for the winter...

Back
Top Bottom