• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

YOUR BASKET
1 x Lian Li PC-V358B Micro-ATX Cube - Black £129.95
Total : £129.95 (includes shipping : FREE).

this case takes my fancy at the moment, definite support for 240mm thin rad, if the front can fit another 240mm rad without much modding, i think this'll be my next case

nice, but not much rad space.

I was running my CPU and 1x7990 with a normal width 360 and 240 rad and was getting about 60 degrees if I ran GPU's 100% for about 10 mins with bitcoin mining. Under benches like heaven, about 55

damn. that's some pretty good clocks. i hope mine's like that lol
and that's your heating for the winter...

I could get 1225 when I pushed the vCore to 1.3V, but figured the difference in vCore to get to 1225 from 1185 wasn't needed.

Need to get this thing under water!

Anyone else having issues with BF4? Mine seems to be crashing with out of memory errors after about 5 minutes. When I check afterburner it's showing gpu memory usage @ 3500mb.

This is at 1080p Ultra settings, that can't be right...is there a memory leak?

Anyone else having issues with BF4? Mine seems to be crashing with out of memory errors after about 5 minutes. When I check afterburner it's showing gpu memory usage @ 3500mb.

This is at 1080p Ultra settings, that can't be right...is there a memory leak?

Have u got the latest catalyst drivers ?

Are u overclocked, if so reduce oc on memory

Just got my new 7990 yesterday and it's a bit quick :) but should there have been a AMD gold ticket in the box? there wasn't in mine and I haven't received it by email either.

Thanks

Seems i cant take the core past 1100 without it locking up in 3dmark...Managed to take the memory to 1650 though on default voltage and could probably take it further. Seems like a good overclock overall.

Someone has this problema on w7?
How much fps do you get on uh4.0 w7 without oc?

Thanks

Hello

We have a long threat about this issue in Spain
http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Please use Google translation
http://translate.google.es/translat...icias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Look at the graphs.

o56sqhEl.jpg

Our preliminary conclusions is that the power fase are insufficient so the card has to regulate it self. In w8 it does OK but in w7 doesn't. So if your voltage is lower than 11.5 V de load will drop in w7 from 98 to 60 % jumping all the time and in w8 to a constant 92%.

The only solution to get the best of 7990 is a gold power supply higher than 800w with w8 and power limit +20%.

Do you have the same experience or the 7990 series that have been sold in Spain are wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:
So chaps how are you all finding the 7990 ? Are you all happy with it ? I know some of you came from a GTX780. Are there any major problems with any games you play etc ?

Back
Top Bottom