• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Loving all the new 290(x) and 780(ti) owners out there bigin it up when they could have had nearly double the performance with a 7990 single card solution for the same price :)

Gotta love how the 7990 is missing from a lot of the performance reviews as well, but they throw in SLI for Titans and others for comparison.

7990 = Still the fastest single card solution out there :)

Can't wait to get it, been without a card for a week nearly! feels like forever! The missis is away this weekend visiting relatives so i NEED game time.

anyone running a 7990 in a corsair carbide 540? want the case but worried it mite be a bit hot without side panel fans

(currently have two 120mm fans exhausting on my side panel)

I asked the same in 540 build thread, it can be done but if your watercooling you will need to mount the front fans on the outside of the case and it should leave you 7 - 12mm with a waterblock on :)

I asked the same in 540 build thread, it can be done but if your watercooling you will need to mount the front fans on the outside of the case and it should leave you 7 - 12mm with a waterblock on :)

I'll be looking to get one of these and put it into a carbide 540. Hopefully three scythe gentle typhoons at the front and one exhaust will help keep it cool in there :S

Just noticed on my XFX box it says R7990 (the R is in red) and on the Asus one it says HD7990............ does anyone know if the is a difference?

Guys, After buying my 7990 today (arrivng tomorrow) Just looking at "Some" of the power consumption things.... Am i going to expect to see a big electric bill increase? SOrry not up on this sort of thing.

Guys, After buying my 7990 today (arrivng tomorrow) Just looking at "Some" of the power consumption things.... Am i going to expect to see a big electric bill increase? SOrry not up on this sort of thing.

The card on full tilt 100% on both GPU's will take 400 - 440w depending on various things. Measured by CorsairLink and a wall plug meter on my system.

Anyone else having issues with BF4? Mine seems to be crashing with out of memory errors after about 5 minutes. When I check afterburner it's showing gpu memory usage @ 3500mb.

This is at 1080p Ultra settings, that can't be right...is there a memory leak?

i found out what causes the crash in my setup.

it was firefox that was causing the crash. so what i did is go onto firefox, select server and instruct it to connect, as soon as the BF4 game is launched, i go back and close firefox. the stats will be uploaded at the end of game, so no problem there. give that a try. :D

[i want to credit whoever gave me the tips, but i cant find the post anymore]

Just ordered one of these to replace constantly artifacting 7970 Matrix cards. Looking forward to BF4 in maximum glory :)

I have had mine over a week xfx 7990 paid 371 pound for it, bargain of the year.
the things unreal it gets hot around 85 but you wanna play bf4 on it runs amazing.
my friend just bought the new 780 its a good card but the 7990 destroys in on on bf4 am getting around 20% more fps and he paid around 180 quid more lol

well one 7990 definitely uses less power than 2x 7970s so if you compare apples to apples, its actually cheaper to run =x

Starting to think my card might be a bit ropey, when playing bf4 i can occasionally see little flashes of a checkerboard type pattern now and again. not a constant thing but little flashes every so often. Also my desktop I Eyefinity seems to "jump" every so often, hard to explain it just like the taskbar moves up fractionally then down again but enough to make it noticeable.

Starting to think my card might be a bit ropey, when playing bf4 i can occasionally see little flashes of a checkerboard type pattern now and again. not a constant thing but little flashes every so often. Also my desktop I Eyefinity seems to "jump" every so often, hard to explain it just like the taskbar moves up fractionally then down again but enough to make it noticeable.
I have similar thing happening in BF4. I think it might just be a driver/game thing rather than a faulty card because I've heard others complain about the same thing.

Could be a faulty one.. my first 7990 would go crazy occasionally.. Textures would flash and if i oced it at all the screen would flicker up and down now and then. My second one has none of those issues. Also my new one is oced too and iv had no issues like that in BF.

Back
Top Bottom