• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I have had mine over a week xfx 7990 paid 371 pound for it, bargain of the year.
the things unreal it gets hot around 85 but you wanna play bf4 on it runs amazing.
my friend just bought the new 780 its a good card but the 7990 destroys in on on bf4 am getting around 20% more fps and he paid around 180 quid more lol

Needed to quote that. So many people forget the bang for buck this card has. :) Going on about 280/290(x) 780(ti) etc for 100's more to get the equivalent, noise, and power from SLI / CF of these cards just to touch the power of the 7990.

hehehehe :)

Last edited:
Having problems with my 2x7990 cards under water Bitcoin mining 24/7

It was dumping a lot of heat into the room making the ambient and hence cooling really problematic.

My airflow is such that the only exhaust is through the NZXT 810 roof triple radiator so a bit of cardboard and gaffer tape has come up with this attached to the removeable 810 top grill :D

Proper bodge job, but seems to be working with the hot exhaust pushed out of an open window and ambient temps dropping as I speak :D:D

20131105_205045.jpg

Might make a proper one next with a fan to push the air out seeing as the prototype seems to be working as expected. :)

Wonder if there is a market for this :)

More bodging on the prototype.

Not efficient enough as the heat was not escaping the rad quickly enough and so to speak was "bottlenecking" it. So 10 mins later and a fan added to the duct to push out the air.

Running out of Cellotape at this rate :D:D:D

20131105_231221.jpg

Lol Cat this is epic. :cool:

swysEXW.jpg.png

yes, it is the best card out there because its essentially 2 cores in 1 card.
best bang for buck at the moment imo, if you know which etailer to get the card from.
essentially 380ish quid for a card that outperforms the 780ti and then some...

go big, nice to have the space for future.

If you are interested in 7990 cards, then you really should not be thinking small cases unless you really know what you are doing.

i got an nzxt phantom 410 midi case , fits nice and sung in there , although i was wondering if anyone could tell me what temps are to high for a 7990? thanks

For anyone having problems with running the card in crossfire and BF4 with V-Sync on try turning off Framepacing. I couldn't use both cores because it was cause major stuttering with V-Sync enabled (and I didn't like the tearing without it). As soon as I run it with the framepacing off it is buttery smooth with Crossfire enabled and v-sync on at 60FPS constant (on Ultra)

In the process of shifting my whole rig over to a Corsair 540 with 6 SP120 Quiet edition fans. Will be intrigued to see how temps fare compared to my old Antec 900.

i got an nzxt phantom 410 midi case , fits nice and sung in there , although i was wondering if anyone could tell me what temps are to high for a 7990? thanks

I think if you go above 90 it's considered high.
It depends on the chip and ur ventilation.

My chip runs hotter than most people's 7990s from what i read. I do have a custom fan profile that drops to very low tho. (30% to 60%) and it maxes out around 72-73C (peaking at ~ 54% fan speed at 73c)

Anything above 60% fan speed is too loud.

Back
Top Bottom