• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Definitely get afterburner, mine does 1125/1700 stable at 1.2v It's a shame that there is no memory voltage adjustment as I think I could definitely eek more out of it.

Mine is not that good. Get artifacts at 1100/1575. Bumping core voltage to 1.25 removes those. Going to try and lower it a bit as i don't fancy running voltage that high. What clocks and voltages are people running on air?

Running 1100/1630 on default voltage at the moment. Seems stable. If i push the core past 1100 though it locks up in 3dmark so i guess to go any higher im going to need to push up the voltage but im fine with it at 1100.

Mine is not that good. Get artifacts at 1100/1575. Bumping core voltage to 1.25 removes those. Going to try and lower it a bit as i don't fancy running voltage that high. What clocks and voltages are people running on air?

That's a shame!

That is on air. Adding voltage didn't seem to improve my core overclock much.

Interesting. I passed Valley at 1100/1575 @1.175v but crashed in BF4 almost immediately. I find i get artifacts or display driver crashes. Had to bump the voltage up to 1.230v so far to remove the issues in BF4.

What are your asic qualities? Mine are 66% and 62% so they love voltage. Probably better to have a higher asic card in this case to require less voltage.

Interesting. I passed Valley at 1100/1575 @1.175v but crashed in BF4 almost immediately. I find i get artifacts or display driver crashes. Had to bump the voltage up to 1.230v so far to remove the issues in BF4.

What are your asic qualities? Mine are 66% and 62% so they love voltage. Probably better to have a higher asic card in this case to require less voltage.

Running 1150/1650 on mine @ 1.25v ... temps around 80 on hottest core and has a 7970 Lightning @ 1150/1650 below it with 2-slot gap. It won't run stable @ 1200/1650 on 1.3v

ASIC is 61% & 61.7% ...

Last edited:

hmm, i know my card is hotter than most people but it can do 1100/1575 at 1.165v. I've tested 1.15 to 1.155 and it crashes. This is stable for ~2 hours in batman origins, not tested it much as I don't need the overclock. Generally this overclock runs about 11C hotter than stock.

I have my card set to stock at 1.1v now and stable for weeks.

New nzxt p630 case now so the fans peak at around 54% at ~71-73C. I have it set to max 60% fan speed at 78C. that's the audible threshold for me.

In my old case you can add another 5-6C on top. But I had 3 extra dangling fans inside in the face of the gpu cooling it.

what brand did you get? Not happy with the 2 7950s i take it. Is it performing better? or are you gonna crossfire 1 of the 7950s in? :)

64 & 64.1 I think.

Far cry 3 is the best game for testing stability I found for both my 780 and this. If it's stable on that its stable on everything (for me). Valley, heaven and firestrike have been useless for testing stability in my testing.

For a low end game like Football manager 2014 is it normal for only the 1st GPU to be in operation when playing?

if it's not in full screen yes. I forced mine to not use crossfire for it and i locked it to 60 fps. i dont want any heat or noise when i play that as i tend to split screen and be watching something or woteva

Hello

We have a long threat about this issue in Spain
http://translate.google.es/translat...icias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Please use Google translation
http://translate.google.es/translat...icias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417100

Look at the graphs.

o56sqhEl.jpg

Our preliminary conclusions is that the power fase are insufficient so the card has to regulate it self. In w8 it does OK but in w7 doesn't. So if your voltage is lower than 11.5 V de load will drop in w7 from 98 to 60 % jumping all the time and in w8 to a constant 92%.

The only solution to get the best of 7990 is a gold power supply higher than 800w with w8 and power limit +20%.

Do you have the same experience or the 7990 series that have been sold in Spain are wrong?

Thanks

I've noticed this behaviour in sleeping dogs extreme preset. At first i thought the card was throttling but this is with a +50% power line. Can someone with sleeping dogs check this? Monitor gpu usage i see it switching between 99-100% and 64%. As per the post above me i only have a silver rated psu.

Never experience that on my old Corsair HX620. Will test at some point this week on my new EVGA 1000w platinum. Do you have power percentage at +20? I assume you do in which case I can't explain it.

Edit: Just noticed you said you have power at +50? Is that even possible afterburner only allows +20 for me.

Never experience that on my old Corsair HX620. Will test at some point this week on my new EVGA 1000w platinum. Do you have power percentage at +20? I assume you do in which case I can't explain it.

Edit: Just noticed you said you have power at +50? Is that even possible afterburner only allows +20 for me.

I used a hack to allow the power line to be increased. I wanted to make sure the card wasn't throttling. The issue appears to be my psu struggling to give the card enough juice. :(

My psu is this one.

XFX 750W XXX Edition Modular '80 Plus Silver' Power Supply

I used a hack to allow the power line to be increased. I wanted to make sure the card wasn't throttling. The issue appears to be my psu struggling to give the card enough juice. :(

My psu is this one.

XFX 750W XXX Edition Modular '80 Plus Silver' Power Supply

Could be the PSU, mine was a HX650 not 620! It's only Bronze efficiency but it was a Corsair so very good quality PSU.

I imagine my new platinum EVGA should have no issues, would you mind sharing the power hack (is it the regedit one)? I was looking at the bios editor as per the other thread as it's a lot easier but wanted to check it actually worked for 7990's before tinkering.

Boys.. what kind of PSU would I need for Trifire?

7970+7990?

A good 850w depending on other components I would say. Corsair AX860 or go for the EVGA 1000w Plat (fully modular) like I did for the same price :)

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/SuperNOVA_P2_1000/11.html

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=361

Last edited:
I have the same behavior, benching I can run 1100/1575 no problem.
But running like Crysis 3 or BF4 the game will crash after a short while.

Have only gone 1.210 on the core as of yet. But as I watercool and 50 max temp, I could probably go higher.

I have a ok 1000W, but sometimes I wonder if the card is not getting enough juice.

Could be the PSU, mine was a HX650 not 620! It's only Bronze efficiency but it was a Corsair so very good quality PSU.

I imagine my new platinum EVGA should have no issues, would you mind sharing the power hack (is it the regedit one)? I was looking at the bios editor as per the other thread as it's a lot easier but wanted to check it actually worked for 7990's before tinkering.

Sure.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18509458

Its supposed to be a decent psu. Seasonic i think.

I have the same behavior, benching I can run 1100/1575 no problem.
But running like Crysis 3 or BF4 the game will crash after a short while.

Have only gone 1.210 on the core as of yet. But as I watercool and 50 max temp, I could probably go higher.

I have a ok 1000W, but sometimes I wonder if the card is not getting enough juice.

Does your gpu usage jump like mine?

Back
Top Bottom