• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Does your gpu usage jump like mine?

The thing is that was what I found strange. I would use 1050/1500 and get like 85% usage, go 1100/1500 and it would jump down to like 60% (Crysis 3). Could not figure out what that was. Thought I had a card with some lower quality components, so it just could not hold it's own.

Though the strange thing that I get the card full use when I just benchmark at 1100/1575 :confused:

I just stopped trying in Bf4, just having a slight overclock of 1050/1500.

The thing is that was what I found strange. I would use 1050/1500 and get like 85% usage, go 1100/1500 and it would jump down to like 60% (Crysis 3). Could not figure out what that was. Thought I had a card with some lower quality components, so it just could not hold it's own.

Though the strange thing that I get the card full use when I just benchmark at 1100/1575 :confused:

I just stopped trying in Bf4, just having a slight overclock of 1050/1500.

Mine seems ok i think at 1.230v 1100/1575 in bf4. I didn't notice the problem. However i get it even at stock in sleeping dogs. I was using some psu braided cables (though not on the pci-e area) so i will try without those and see if it makes a difference.

I decided against overclocking my 7990, well I did overclock it but I couldn't get high numbers so I just leave it on factory settings now, It runs games superbly as it is and stays a tad cooler.

Yeah overclocking past 1100 on air is next to impossible for me at least and im not sure im comfortable with how hot its getting at 1100. Temp limited rather than anything else. That said its still offering faster performance and much better minimum fps than my 7950's according to my testing. The testing will continue.

Mine seems ok i think at 1.230v 1100/1575 in bf4. I didn't notice the problem. However i get it even at stock in sleeping dogs. I was using some psu braided cables (though not on the pci-e area) so i will try without those and see if it makes a difference.

Cool, I'll try to bump mine up as well to see if that makes a difference in BF4.

Does your gpu usage jump like mine?

yes, 1000w dark power pro + 7970 + 7990 (stock). jumps fair abit in bf4 ultra/high.

after modding with the antec 620 onto my 7970, i found bf4 to be abit more stable. with additional cooling, i managed to play an hour before crashing as opposed to every 10-15 minutes.

Guys what is the difference in temps between your gpu cores? Just playing some bf4 with vsync off and gpu1 was 10c hotter than gpu2. Normal or bad paste job on one core?

Mine is the same. Increased the power limit to +20% and UPLS disabled.
I'm slightly bottlenecked by my CPU but getting avg 96% GPU utilisation.

I've not overclocked mine. I don't see any point really.

I did run a load of benchmarks on it and at first felt a little disappointed. Then I ran the same ones on my 670 SLI and realised just how much higher they were on the 7990.

I played BF4 for two hours last night and saw 70c/58c on the GPU cores. Awesome sauce.

Back
Top Bottom