• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

No I'm not. Check this out. Sleeping dogs extreme preset, stock settings auto fan.

http://i.imgur.com/AvT1xjs.jpg[IMG]

I'm going to send it back as faulty or DSR it. I burned my hand touching the case as it was at 101C. The box being damaged and the marks on the pcb make me feel like it was opened before it got to me. Ocuk maintain it wasn;t them so god knows. Either way it gets to 95c+ at 80% fan speed with the side of the my case off. Something is not right.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nFMjXVV.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uJQY8c9.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bjynUbI.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

101c :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry to hear that Matt, what a disappointment. Something is not right there surely.

I wouldn't be happy at all with the box damage.

I reckon Ash had a crafty fiddle.

Funny you should say that...

When he arrived i asked him 'what happened yesterday'.

He looked away and said he broke down. It seemed like he was lying. He said that two other drivers took over his deliveries but they must not have reached my in time. He looked guilty as hell. No chance of proving it though.

Bailey did check the number with the one he said they had in the warehouse and it matched up so i guess ash is in the clear. :p

101c :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry to hear that Matt, what a disappointment. Something is not right there surely.

I wouldn't be happy at all with the box damage.

Yeah it was pretty disappointing tbh.

Dsr it, keep free games as compo ;)

I will but after paying the postage return costs its going to be about even.

Last edited:
Shame you have to be put through this hassle. In my 7990 box I got 2 different type of AMD rewards, one was for 8 free games and the other for the gold 3 games. Did you check to see if you got both? SHould be able to sell that lot for more than the postage?

Shame you have to be put through this hassle. In my 7990 box I got 2 different type of AMD rewards, one was for 8 free games and the other for the gold 3 games. Did you check to see if you got both? SHould be able to sell that lot for more than the postage?

No there were no games included in mine. I did wonder if it had been opened and they took the game voucher out. The box appeared to have been opened to me because as you can see from the screenshot above the plastic seal was all ripped. I did get a silver and bronze AMD game thing emailed to me. That's only three games however.

The paste on these cards is a travesty...
This also happened with the 6990, when will they learn that it is not enough with that generic stuff, there should be a note in the box.

Warning:
The thermal paste suck, reapply quality paste or loose warranty :D

He got angry with workload they expect him to do (160 parcel a day) so he started to throw them in his van.Maybe hd7990 was one of them.
Matt look on the bright side,you're going to need new card,so just reactive your thread,better this time you meet expectations!!!

Lol.

Ah man i don't know what to do now. Go for a 7990 or go with a 290X. I still find myself drawn to the 7990, but if they're all like this im not interested.

Of course there not all like this.. you could end up with issues with a 290 aswell. My 7990 never goes above 74 in 3dmark or crysis 3 or bf4 ect.
I would just send it back and get another.

im using a CM storm trooper with 2x AF120 quiet edition fans (front intake) 2x 120mm CM storm fans on side panel (exhaust) 120mm AIO rad with 2x SP120 quiet editions in push/pull (rear exhaust) and a 200mm fan in the roof (exhaust)

i think the temps are that low due to the two 120mm fans exhausting all the hot air away from the card. i have not got a pic atm

as i said i have a hot running card. But mines rock stable at 1.1v

(stock fan)
1.2v Stock 1000/1500
Unigine Vally ExtremeHD Peak 88C

1.1v Stock 1000/1500
Unigine Vally ExtremeHD Peak 82C

Last edited:
Plugged mine in today, very pleased. Got it going on Linux (3 monitors) with a small amount of tinkering. Fired up BF4 and it ate it for breakfast, spat it it out and then ate it again. Temps quite acceptable, peak of 83C in my 540.

Also, no artifacts or anything unlike my last two 7970 Matrix cards :( Great service from OCUK, no hassle RMA and then picked up this winner from them. Also, no coil whine, at least nothing I can hear.

Matt
Sounds like to me that card was faulty and has been already returned, your box should have had the 8 game voucher in it and the Gold 3 game, all 7990 have the 8 game even thought they expired end of october. Someone has been in the box. I bought mine elsewhere and everything was sealed and it runs perfect, I think you have just been unlucky, anything could have happened to the card it could have been dropped when ocuk took the voucher out, don't even know why they would take it out, but someone has unless ash took it...

Back
Top Bottom