• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I did mate. I tried stock settings with 100% fan profile and temps still crept up into the 90's over time.

RMA it. It is very likely the thermal paste isn't put on correctly. Have you seen how bad it is nowadays? The last gpu that i had i opened up the paste was probably 3mm thick and they forced the cooler down so everything squished out all over the pcb. I won't be surprised if some cards get no paste or some just have so much it's counter productive.

It isn't really a free PSU as they've just bumped up the price from the £371 they had it at. But given your issues it's another way of eliminating any other problems. Also as it's XFX branded fingers crossed you should get the 8 free games ticket.

Also Maka please tell me you didn't discard the 8 game ticket!!!! As I said it should still work man go and redeem it! :eek:

lol still got it. if it still works got 11 games to get by december i got all them but thief and dirt 3 which i will get, hope they add some more soon. makes our 7990 like a cracking deal pleased i read your post all them weeks ago lol

Considering what this spanish dude said im thinking this might be the best way to go about it. My current psu is only silver rated so could explain the gpu usage problems i noticed in sleeping dogs.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25251793&postcount=804

I had this when I was on Win7. After upgrading to win8.1 it seems to have stabilized. I ran BF4yesterday at 1100 / 1550 @1.23v for an hour and the load stayed at 90% ++

Before in Crysis 3 on Win7 OC'ing just dropped the utilization to 60%

lol still got it. if it still works got 11 games to get by december i got all them but thief and dirt 3 which i will get, hope they add some more soon. makes our 7990 like a cracking deal pleased i read your post all them weeks ago lol

Indeed I got £18 for 5 of the games, Far cry 3 ubisoft decided to stop allowing redemption and I'm still waiting for my Bioshock key to sell on.

Still have my AMD Gold reward key but going to wait until the year end to redeem just in case some other games are added.

So effectively cost me £353 (thanks to free delivery). Even less if I sell on my gold reward key.

I had this when I was on Win7. After upgrading to win8.1 it seems to have stabilized. I ran BF4yesterday at 1100 / 1550 @1.23v for an hour and the load stayed at 90% ++

Before in Crysis 3 on Win7 OC'ing just dropped the utilization to 60%

No such issues for me in windows 7. Honestly think Matt got a duff card, potentially compounded by psu not providing enough power.

I have the xfx model All settings at stock,win7 2600k@ 4.5 ran valley bench at extreme hd gpu1 80c gpu2 77c my case is antec902 all fans at low, I also had the gold key which i used no problem but the other voucher had expired like what maka12 said.Looks like you defo have a bad one matt.

Do you reckon its a psu issue lerun?

Need some more focused testing. The only difference as of now is the OS. I also changed they way I overclock my 4770k (lower voltage and lower freq).

Have not monitored voltage fluctuation on my PSU as of yet.
Need to look at that to see if the poster has a point or not.

One thing I know is that BF4 runs much better for me on Win8.1 than Win7 so there might be other subtle changes that makes my card run better.

I have the xfx model All settings at stock,win7 2600k@ 4.5 ran valley bench at extreme hd gpu1 80c gpu2 77c my case is antec902 all fans at low, I also had the gold key which i used no problem but the other voucher had expired like what maka12 said.Looks like you defo have a bad one matt.
macca
what score did you get for valley mine looks poor my specs are very similar to yours, but bench for every else is fine, very strange

Why do you guys keep saying the voucher expired....i know it ended on the 22nd but you realise you can still get the games after that untill they run out of keys..I got mine in november and still got all 8 keys.

Why do you guys keep saying the voucher expired....i know it ended on the 22nd but you realise you can still get the games after that untill they run out of keys..I got mine in november and still got all 8 keys.

i will try and get some over weekend, have you got to redeem all 8 at once?
i got nearly all the games. if i get the keys i will post them on here so someone can get them, cant be arsed to sell them lol

Thankfully someone has arrived to confirm what I have been saying lol!

Just got news from OCUK, they're sending me a new 7990 after the weird behaviour from the one before. Will be stress testing it a few days before waterblocking it.

Might have to give the sleeping dogs thing a try. The 7990 I had I did the Valley benchmark off but didn't manage much gaming apart from a few games of World of Tanks (Way overkill for it!)

Back
Top Bottom