• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Can anyone comment on what CPU you would need in order to run a 7990 and a 7950 (Tri-fire)?

Currently have a 2500k OC to 4.8 but is bottlenecking the 7990 (slightly).

I don't want to change the motherboard.

Last edited:
Just got news from OCUK, they're sending me a new 7990 after the weird behaviour from the one before. Will be stress testing it a few days before waterblocking it.

Might have to give the sleeping dogs thing a try. The 7990 I had I did the Valley benchmark off but didn't manage much gaming apart from a few games of World of Tanks (Way overkill for it!)

Sleeping dogs extreme preset with vsync off is the ultimate gpu stress tool. Its not as bad as furmark but it pulls serious amounts of wattage on AMD cards. If it survives Sleeping Dogs extreme, it can survive a nuclear holocaust.

Sleeping dogs extreme preset with vsync off is the ultimate gpu stress tool. Its not as bad as furmark but it pulls serious amounts of wattage on AMD cards. If it survives Sleeping Dogs extreme, it can survive a nuclear holocaust.

Not much use for NVidia cards, it's frame capped.:D

To be fair the same goes for AMD cards.:D

I imagine that may be causing a slight drop in score, how much? I'm not sure. What operating system are you on? As Windows 7 scores higher than 8 in Heaven and Valley

win 7 pro 64bit
i might upgrade cpu and mb next year it still maxes all games easily.
thanks

Just got news from OCUK, they're sending me a new 7990 after the weird behaviour from the one before. Will be stress testing it a few days before waterblocking it.

Might have to give the sleeping dogs thing a try. The 7990 I had I did the Valley benchmark off but didn't manage much gaming apart from a few games of World of Tanks (Way overkill for it!)

What weird behaviour did it display ?

Mines currently on latest beta drivers and running 100% usage on gpu2 even on idle .

Email OCUK - I got the email referencing a link to the golden ticket code when my card was dispatched.

EDIT: Actually post in the CS forums. They're a bit more responsive on the forums vs email.

Back
Top Bottom