• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Having loads of issues with my 7990, benchmarking with Tomb Raider, here is my best result:

Still has a shocking min fps score.

Now the bench runs fine until the last 10 secs and then drops off to 15-20fps and is really jittery, crashes sometimes (at stock and OCed), I've disbaled upls and this has made it worse. Here is a snipshot of msi post-bench:

And settings:

Anyone got any ideas as to why this 7990 is misbehaving?

Cheers.

KFnxDHu.jpg

Looks to me like you're using a old version of Tomb Raider. This is what my version number looks like. Also note that you have some missing options. That version did have a bug with low fps. Also your 7990 may be throttling at that high voltage. See this link below for a solution.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18558655

cheers mate, hopefully that's all it is as I don't have these problems benching with 3dmark etc.

Thanks for the link, I'll get a usb and give it a go soon.

Another thing, regarding increasing powerlimit above 20%, I followed the instructions in the thread but after I extracted 0000 and 0001 into a reg file and opened with notepad, nowhere could I find ''PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable'' in either, I did use the find function and also looked through entirely, only found the value 14 in them a few times, none of which were in a table similair to the one you exampled, thought that was a bit strange.

Cheers/

Uninstall old drivers, uninstall afterburner, do not keep user settings. Restart. Flash bios. Restart. Install new drivers, restart, disable ULPS, play!

Cheers bud, will do exactly that!

Unistall CCC
Unistall MSI
User settings...?
Restart
Flash Bios 1 & 2 on card...?
Install CCC and MSI
Disable ULPS
Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :)

Yes. :)

'The Radeon™ HD 7000 series hardware architecture is fully DirectX 11.2-capable when used with a driver that enables this feature. AMD is planning to enable DirectX 11.2 with a driver update in the Windows® 8.1 launch timeframe in October, when DirectX® 11.2 ships. Today, AMD is the only GPU manufacturer to offer fully-compatible DirectX 11.1 support, and the only manufacturer to support Tiled Resources Tier-2 within a shipping product stack.” - AMD PR

I can't figure out why but I'm getting hard locks and a black screen during driver installs through the AMD installer. It always happens just after the driver installs to second gpu.

I don't seem to have a problem if I manually apply the driver first through device manager. I then have to do a custom install to install CCC after.

Anyone else same?

Last edited:
I can't figure out why but I'm getting hard locks and a black screen during driver installs through the AMD installer. It always happens just after the driver installs to second gpu.

I don't seem to have a problem if I manually apply the driver first through device manager. I then have to do a custom install to install CCC after.

Anyone else same?

Yep exact same issue on my 290 trifire setup

I am very close to getting a 7990 at the end of the month to go trifire with my 7970. Are the gains even noticeable? I had a look a couple of new benchmarks and it shows trifire results to be not much better than x-fire. At the moment I have a 7950 CFd with a 7970. Am I going to see any benefit in upgrading :|

I am very close to getting a 7990 at the end of the month to go trifire with my 7970. Are the gains even noticeable? I had a look a couple of new benchmarks and it shows trifire results to be not much better than x-fire. At the moment I have a 7950 CFd with a 7970. Am I going to see any benefit in upgrading :|

not many games will take advantage of tri fire, a case of diminishing returns on the more cards you add.

Just picked up one of these in the OcUK deal. Can't wait to try it out with my i7.

Never got round to playing Far Cry 3 properly or Crysis 3 at all, so will probably fire those up with it.

Back
Top Bottom