• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

But that was at the £479 price point I imagine and not the new reduced £395. The same happened when I ordered, was originally up for 479, then reduced to £371 and still had the psu in the description. This was amended to reflect the fact the price drop was a result of removing the psu from the bundle.

Furry muff. The PSU was worth £107 so even at £479 it was still a good deal.

He's right you know. There is no mention of a free psu at that price in the product description. That's bloody misleading!! In that case the 7990 is not a option as that would be £500 for a card and psu and i doubt the 7990 is £100 better than SLI 670 let alone £200 better. Shame really.

***Edit*** No one can be bothered to speak to me on live chat so stuff them.

Last edited:
Really tempted by one of these however, that deal above was superb. I have found a deal of MSI 7990 + 250gb Samsung Evo SSD for £479.99 inc Delivery? Sounds pretty good?

What about this deal??? Obviously not as good as 370 with PSU, but surely still pretty good? ( I think I just need people to tell me how great it is so it justifies me ordering it)

:D

I cant understand why they keep lowering the prices on this card! I know its old tech now but its a beast of a card. Fill your boots I say.......;)

He's right you know. There is no mention of a free psu at that price in the product description. That's bloody misleading!! In that case the 7990 is not a option as that would be £500 for a card and psu and i doubt the 7990 is £100 better than SLI 670 let alone £200 better. Shame really.

***Edit*** No one can be bothered to speak to me on live chat so stuff them.

They've completely amended it now. You checked the mm? :p

What!! I have a normal side fan :) Nothing like that!

THe card dumps heat in the case so it can help to either have a good side exhaust fan or remove some spare pci brackets from the back of your case and ensure you have a highly positive pressure case.

Looks good! I was hoping to get mine today, must have misread it saying Monday? I bought on a Sat early morning so thought maybe DPD picked up then and dropped of Monday. Ah well, one more day of using my radiators to heat the room.

The only disappointing thing about my card is the coil whine. I'm hopeful that will wear off after some use though. I game with headphones so its a non issue for me luckily. Thats the only bad thing so far. Luckily it only has some whine during gaming and high fps. At desktop and idle it has none.

The only disappointing thing about my card is the coil whine. I'm hopeful that will wear off after some use though. I game with headphones so its a non issue for me luckily. Thats the only bad thing so far. Luckily it only has some whine during gaming and high fps. At desktop and idle it has none.

Well my 7970 had it quite bad in high fps but now is almost completely gone. Hopefully this will be the same!

Pretty sure that is a mistake on the description as the actual item no longer mentions the PSU. They made the same error last time when I ordered one for £370 (I already had a capable psu so it didn't matter to me) as the description still stated it but it was not included. Best call them and double check before you commit as you will more than likely need to buy a new psu as well.

I am really miffed about this. I spotted the deal just before ordering the OcUK one and double taked the 'with PSU'. I ordered it on Saturday and the finance approved it the following day (Sunday) with it still in the description.

Where do I stand on this should I push it and expect the PSU or take it on the chin as it is still a reasonable price? What I don't get is the last time they done this, without the PSU it dropped to £370 or something which made it an amicable discount. This time round it stayed at same price just changed product description mid sale. :confused:

I used live support to check the offer was still valid and they had stock of both the 7990 and the psu. This was about two weeks ago now, but it was valid then.

But that was at the £479 price point I imagine and not the new reduced £395. The same happened when I ordered, was originally up for 479, then reduced to £371 and still had the psu in the description. This was amended to reflect the fact the price drop was a result of removing the psu from the bundle.

Back
Top Bottom