• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Just done 15 minutes of Unigine at 1.100V and stock clocks!

Going lower....

Excellent work my friend. Word of warning though, i managed 1.100v running Unigine. When i played a demanding game like BF4/Sleeping Dogs i needed 1.120V at stock (1000/1500) to be stable. With my excellent case cooling setup with 4x120mm side exhaust fans i can keep auto fan on. This means complete silence and this is with running BF4 with vsync off so running silly high fps 65-130 at 1440p. With auto fan at 40-50% ish i see temps around 77-83c.

I am really miffed about this. I spotted the deal just before ordering the OcUK one and double taked the 'with PSU'. I ordered it on Saturday and the finance approved it the following day (Sunday) with it still in the description.

Where do I stand on this should I push it and expect the PSU or take it on the chin as it is still a reasonable price? What I don't get is the last time they done this, without the PSU it dropped to £370 or something which made it an amicable discount. This time round it stayed at same price just changed product description mid sale. :confused:

When it goes to the basket it still said bundled with psu, i know because i tried it this morning before they changed it, but knowing what they are like didn't go through with it as i didn't want to pay over £100 on top of the card for a new psu. The best thing you can do is contact them but no dubt they will not honour the psu part.

When it goes to the basket it still said bundled with psu, i know because i tried it this morning before they changed it, but knowing what they are like didn't go through with it as i didn't want to pay over £100 on top of the card for a new psu. The best thing you can do is contact them but no dubt they will not honour the psu part.

Gutted as I used to live 10 mins away from them so if this would have happened I could have gone to the counter to resolve. I now live in N.I so shipping and logistics adds ball ache. :(

Excellent work my friend. Word of warning though, i managed 1.100v running Unigine. When i played a demanding game like BF4/Sleeping Dogs i needed 1.120V at stock (1000/1500) to be stable. With my excellent case cooling setup with 4x120mm side exhaust fans i can keep auto fan on. This means complete silence and this is with running BF4 with vsync off so running silly high fps 65-130 at 1440p. With auto fan at 40-50% ish i see temps around 77-83c.

Just checked ASICS.... 66.3% and 66.4%.

Thats good right?

Gutted as I used to live 10 mins away from them so if this would have happened I could have gone to the counter to resolve. I now live in N.I so shipping and logistics adds ball ache. :(

Similar thing happened to me when I checked out, the "free" PSU was there but it disappeared on the final screen. Not with OCUK though and it was very misleading.

Does frame pacing enable crossfire for all games?

This will be my first AMD GPU if I go ahead.

Frame pacing and crossfire will be enabled by default when you install the driver, assuming the game in question supports crossfire.

Just checked ASICS.... 66.3% and 66.4%.

Thats good right?

About as close to perfect as you can get. If you have a good efficient exhaust setup you should get close to, if not identical gpu temps per core like me. Mine are often identical or within 1-2c of each other. Same goes for the vrm temps, although they're often 5-10c lower than the core temp.

My 7990 arrived today,up and running. Lovely card and getting around 127fps on ultra bf4.
Hashing has turned my pc into a room heater pushing out 91c at 1.3mhash i did use it to warm my socks which is a new added bonus.

Frame pacing and crossfire will be enabled by default when you install the driver, assuming the game in question supports crossfire.

About as close to perfect as you can get. If you have a good efficient exhaust setup you should get close to, if not identical gpu temps per core like me. Mine are often identical or within 1-2c of each other. Same goes for the vrm temps, although they're often 5-10c lower than the core temp.

Just got back from a BF4 session, it was much improved. The GPU utilisation graph was a good line instead of its usual jittery mess.

Impressed! Smoooth.

Just got a cheque through for something today and said to the wife, I might go quad-fire. Her response....oh reallllllllllly. Better than saying what the hell for!

Gonna see how much heat/noise tri-fire kicks out first before I get carried away.

Hi Guys, I need a card before Xmas and I ain't holding my breath for aftermarket air coolers for the 290, so was after your opinion on micro stutter as well as I still play old games like DOD source, tf2 and Arma 2, and also new games like bf4, Arma 3 ect.
Is it worth going for a card like the 6990 or will I still see some problems persist in the odd old games that ain't supported for dual setups.
Plus will the 6990 support mantle, I think its a worthy choice of card as I don't think I will ever go Xfire with the 290 anyways.

Cheers lads.

Hi Guys, I need a card before Xmas and I ain't holding my breath for aftermarket air coolers for the 290, so was after your opinion on micro stutter as well as I still play old games like DOD source, tf2 and Arma 2, and also new games like bf4, Arma 3 ect.
Is it worth going for a card like the 6990 or will I still see some problems persist in the odd old games that ain't supported for dual setups.
Plus will the 6990 support mantle, I think its a worthy choice of card as I don't think I will ever go Xfire with the 290 anyways.

Cheers lads.

DOD:S will be fine as the Source engine has always been more CPU demanding than GPU. I'll let you know how Arma II fairs when I get mine in as i'm a big DayZ player and hoping it just isn't worse than my 670 as we all know how badly optimised Arma II is.

Back
Top Bottom