• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I assume having a 7970 in the top slot and 7990 in the bottom isn't an issue? The reason I ask is my x-fire isn't working/the option isn't there. I updated drivers too.

Oh and I have checked the obvious things, crossfire bridge connected, pushed in mobo fully, power cables in, restarted once after driver update.

Last edited:
Been playing about with 24/7 gaming overclocks in preparation for my 7990 benchmarking thread. Seems long term stable the max my card will do is 1140-50/16-30-50. To run that id need 1.3volts which is more than im willing to put through it. I can bench a bit higher than this but its not long term stable. My long term max stable gaming overclock will be 1125/1625 @1.260v. This means i have to kick the fan up with a more aggressive profile though. Fan profile is up at 80%-ish and was keeping BF4 with vsync off at 85c-ish. When using stock (1000/1500) or a smaller overclock of 1100/1600 i can probably get away with using auto fan and keep the card nice and quiet.

I assume having a 7970 in the top slot and 7990 in the bottom isn't an issue? The reason I ask is my x-fire isn't working/the option isn't there. I updated drivers too.

Oh and I have checked the obvious things, crossfire bridge connected, pushed in mobo fully, power cables in, restarted once after driver update.

The 7990 HAS to be the top/main card. I am running a 7990 and 7970 and it won't work unless the 7990 is the main card.

Been playing about with 24/7 gaming overclocks in preparation for my 7990 benchmarking thread. Seems long term stable the max my card will do is 1140-50/16-30-50. To run that id need 1.3volts which is more than im willing to put through it. I can bench a bit higher than this but its not long term stable. My long term max stable gaming overclock will be 1125/1625 @1.260v. This means i have to kick the fan up with a more aggressive profile though. Fan profile is up at 80%-ish and was keeping BF4 with vsync off at 85c-ish. When using stock (1000/1500) or a smaller overclock of 1100/1600 i can probably get away with using auto fan and keep the card nice and quiet.

Sounds quite close to mine. Im running 1100/1630 24/7 which is stable at 1230 volts. I managed to take it up to 1150 on the core but it needs about 1260+ to be stable at that and it starts running pretty hot once you get that high so just leaving it at 1100/1630 which flys through any games.

Sounds quite close to mine. Im running 1100/1630 24/7 which is stable at 1230 volts. I managed to take it up to 1150 on the core but it needs about 1260+ to be stable at that and it starts running pretty hot once you get that high so just leaving it at 1100/1630 which flys through any games.

Sounds like our cards could well be a 'brother from another mother'. I'm yet to get 1100/1600 fully stable. According to my calculations it should be around 1.220v-1.235v but i will need to stress test this more to find the exact voltage required.

Received my 7990 all looking good. Just noticed it hasn't got a gold or silver ticket? I was under the impression they all came with one? Can anyone confirm what the deal is with these? Cheers.

Received my 7990 all looking good. Just noticed it hasn't got a gold or silver ticket? I was under the impression they all came with one? Can anyone confirm what the deal is with these? Cheers.

Depends where you got it from. OcuK only offer a silver and bronze ticket. I got mine elsewhere and got 8 free games. If you got it from OcuK post in Customer Service section and ask for your tickets.

It gets emailed to you (says on your order).

Got mine today - first impression, oh so quiet!!! Thank goodness the cooler is improved.

Got mine today - first impression, oh so quiet!!! Thank goodness the cooler is improved.

;)

Any coil whine?

I still sort of wish I had a 7990 :)

Its rare, but not impossible to find a 7990 without a little bit of coil whine. My second one is worse than my first but its not a big issue for me. I also expect it to decrease the more i use it.

It gets emailed to you (says on your order).

Oh really, never even checked that! Yes, it is very quiet I must admit. Struggling to get MSI Afterburner to show do the onscreen FPS, GPU Usage etc.

Teppic, no coil whine what so ever!

EDIT: Just checked my order and have no mention of the Gold/Silver Ticket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom