• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

My 7990 is sat at home with the rest of my build while I have to work....

God damn it I want to be building a PC right now and getting the monster unleashed on some BF4!

Definitely going to be checking out LTMatts helpful hints/tips/tricks and bios awesomeness.

Well my gaming seems fine,temps are fine with msi voltage adjustment.
Its hashing above and beyond what a 7990 should do so basically i dont wont to risk changing anything.

IMG_20131130_175948.jpg

:)

OMG this card made has made me wet my pants...

Had to buy a new motherboard as turns out my last one went pop after swapping out my 670 but who cares when you can run B4 at 125fps constant at 2560x1440 on ultra (no aa).

Now to flash the bios!

How are the temperatures with this new BIOS? My mate has a 7990 and he whinges that it hits up to 94c and it's stupidly loud.

Depends on the clocks/voltage/fan speed used. Also vitally important is case airflow. If you have good case cooling with a good side exhaust you can keep the card much cooler. I was just playing BF4 (vsync off - silly high fps) now at stock clocks and temps were in the low 80's with all case and gpu fans on low rpm for silence.

Just a heads up guys ive added a new bios to the OP.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18558655

The new bios has a slightly higher TDP as the old one still throttled a bit. I highly recommend everyone update, if you haven't already. There is no longer 50% power tune on the new bios as the TDP has been raised so its no longer needed.

What powertune should we be using with the new bios?

What powertune should we be using with the new bios?

0% on the new bios =250W TDP which should be fine for stock and maybe light overclocks.

20% on the new bios =50% on the old one. However im not the sure the old one actually increased that much so this one solves that.

The other bios default TDP was only 200W, which was frankly too low. Now we have stock 250W TDP which is 7970ghz TDP.

Back
Top Bottom