• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Your bang on what Im at Matt, I like to use my PC as well. You should register with LiteGuardian as we are trying to get an OcUK team going!

I'm not sure which is the best way to go. To be honest i just want to earn as much as possible in a short of space as time as possible, whilst not shortening the lifespan of my gpu or using too much electricity. Its like a fine balancing act. :D

You could always donate those coins to my wallet and give up the ghost passing it off as a thorough BIOS "benchmarking" test! :D

P.S. : Once you get the mining bug you just cant stop - isnt that right fellas? :)

Lol. I don't know its seems a lot of effort for very little reward tbh. I will stick with it for now, but i can see the novelty wearing off quick. I've earned half a light coin so far, need to at least see it through till i earn one.
:D

Difficulty was 1.7ish when i started late last night. Its already up to 1.9. No idea what this means, but i know its not good. :p

SDOL0QT.jpg

GPU usage in BF4 :(
7990usage_zpsf1cabb7a.jpg~original

Assuming you've followed the links in my sig, cpu bottleneck. Have a friend (Mike306 - aka Rofls) who has the same cpu (2500k) and a 7990 and he reported the same thing. You need an i7 to release the power of a 7990 in BF4. Or wait for Mantle to release your cpu bottlenecks. :cool:

Yep I have done :(

I'll probably upgrade next year. I don't fancy changing motherboard for one game :o

I ran 3DMark and strangely my Physics score is lower than when I had my 680 :confused:

So, playing Hitman Absolution in fullscreen and I am noticing something.

1st GPU 99% 1000 Core and 1500 Memory
2nd GPU 0%-30% 300 Core and 150 Memory

Why is this? Crossfire is enabled.

Just played a few minutes in Greg's match in a 32 man domination and my average FPS was below 50 :confused:
I had ~30% GPU usage and in Afterburner my CPU cores were all maxed. Surely my CPU isn't that weak? I could get over 130fps in BF3.

Last edited:
Just played a few minutes in Greg's match in a 32 man domination and my average FPS was below 50 :confused:
I had ~30% GPU usage and in Afterburner my CPU cores were all maxed. Surely my CPU isn't that weak? I could get over 130fps in BF3.

Try playing again but this time shut down afterburner before you start. Are you using the latest version?

Back
Top Bottom