• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I haven't started single player yet :p

Might be worth trying. If its bad on that then you know its a PEBKAC/Issue specific to your pc. Multiplayer performance can vary from time to time depending on the server but single player performance is consistent. Looks to me like something on your system (software related) is interfering with crossfire to impact performance by that much.

If you want me to run the benchmark for comparison i can do. Let me know the settings and clocks used. :)

It's weird, game looks and performs great I just don't understand why the 2nd GPU isn't operating at the same speed as GPU 1.

Core Volts 1150mV
Power Limit 20%
Core Clock 1000
Memory 1500

Ultra in game settings, exclusive full screen turned off MSAA turned off.

Might be worth trying. If its bad on that then you know its a PEBKAC/Issue specific to your pc. Multiplayer performance can vary from time to time depending on the server but single player performance is consistent. Looks to me like something on your system (software related) is interfering with crossfire to impact performance by that much.

Here's my singleplayer fps, the first 15 minutes of the game on Ultra:
Min Max Avg
67 163 109.09

My GPU usage was ~90% for both cores.

Hi guys,

I just had a go of Crysis 3, pushed it to ultra, max details, after 10 minutes it crashed to the desktop. Max temp at the time 79/82c.

Psu : Corsair Rm850.

Event log : Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Fault bucket -472348502, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Crysis3.exe
P2: 1.3.0.0
P3: 6.3.9600.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Driver : 13.11 - b9.4

Gpu Volts are stock @ 1200, haven't even overclocked the card yet. Running Ltmatt's Bios.

Apart from the really loud ticking/churping sounds being produced this is the icing on the cake.

Rma?

Last edited:
Morning Ltmatt, :D

I found out what was causing Ab to slowdown my games and make them run horribly, its to do with monitoring, I set the polling period to 1000 and the bad stutter reduced quite a lot. What would be causing this to happen?

Morning Ltmatt, :D

I found out what was causing Ab to slowdown my games and make them run horribly, its to do with monitoring, I set the polling period to 1000 and the bad stutter reduced quite a lot. What would be causing this to happen?

Yes setting the polling period any lower than that would cause that mate LOL. ;)

A classic case of PEBKAC. Always the hardest to diagnose. :p

Back
Top Bottom