• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD Phenom II X6 1055T & 1090T Overclocking Thread ***

Soldato
Any relevant error logs in the event viewer that might help track the problem?
didn't check :o. but when i disabled the lan then enable again it freezed...

so i've reinstalled windows from a backup and so far it's fine..

i think the Hotfix Fix302249 was the issue.

Associate
glad to hear it's all good now :)
Know what? I'm gonna run a disk clone now. It's been months since I last did hehe

didn't check :o. but when i disabled the lan then enable again it freezed...

so i've reinstalled windows from a backup and so far it's fine..

i think the Hotfix Fix302249 was the issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes...

also can set up so if u press F11 when the system boots it'll go in to Acronis True Image Home backup & restore mode, without any disks.

it only taken me about 50 seconds to restore windows 7.

Last edited:
Associate
i use Acronis True Image Home 2010 to do a backup of a clean windows install..

This seems like a good idea. Is the Plus Pack required and if everything is installed as it should there would be no need to re-enter serial keys in games...ms office...windows activation etc?

Also do you know if it would work for dual boot set-ups e.g. 7 and XP.

Thanks.
ps: sry hope you don't mind with the questions, have been looking for good software to do this.

Soldato
This seems like a good idea. Is the Plus Pack required and if everything is installed as it should there would be no need to re-enter serial keys in games...ms office...windows activation etc?

Also do you know if it would work for dual boot set-ups e.g. 7 and XP.

Thanks.
ps: sry hope you don't mind with the questions, have been looking for good software to do this.
Plus Pack isn't required .
yes if u backup the drive after u install your games, office, windows activation , ect , it'll restore back to that where everything is is installed/activated..

yes it will work with dual boot

Soldato
Moved from general overclocking forum

I have now started to look at overclocking this setup.

I began by disabling the turbo clocking, I have left cool and quiet and C1E enabled for the time being. My OCZ gold DDR3 (12800) is at 8-8-8-24 setting.
I lowered the HT link and NB multiplyer to 8x initially and the memory to 6.66x. I left the CPU multiplyer at 14x.

On rebooting at 200MHz base clock I had
CPU = 2800,
HT and NB 1600,
Mem = 1332

Set the base clock to 240MHz,
CPU = 3360,
HT and NB 1920,
Mem = 1598 (1.65V)

All fine booted into windows, CPUID, HWARE, Prime95 (Large FFT) and taskmanager to show 100% on six cores. Prime 95 errored at 10 mins. showing core4 had stopped. core temps were about 46C and CPU at 58C. I should say that I am running at -0.15v on Vcore to try and keep temps low, Vcore was reported at 1.17V so this may be a cause, more later.

I reduced to 235MHz base clock
CPU = 3290,
HT and NB 1880,
Mem = 1565

This time with the same apps running, the cores all stayed up but after about 45mins. the CPU temp was creeping up to 61C and I aborted.

I have now left the base clock at 222MHz which gives me 3100MHz at the CPU with comfortable temperatures. My conclusion is I need a more effective cooler than my AC freezer 64 and probably better airflow in the case. This will be addressed. The setup seems very stable and capable and I am sure with better cooling and higher or stock Vcore I can get at least the 3700MHz and possibly the 4GHz. This is my target.

edit: I have just bought a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme heatsink and when it arrives next weekend I will rebuild and try to overclock further. What fans to use?

I have an aluminium lian Li case with one 80mm intake in front of the drives and one 80mm exhaust below the psu. The case is quite old and I may cut a 120-140mm exhaust on top of the case to assist with airflow.

This thread has been moved from the overclocking forum as I feel it is more topical here. Any suggestions are welcomed, andy.

Last edited:
Soldato
All overclocking above 3.1GHz is on hold until the new cooler is installed.

In principal with turbo core disabled, I want to keep the HT/NB as close to 2GHz as possible and the memory to as close to 1600MHz as possible using the multiplyers from the Gigabyte board.

This 3700MHz overclock will require a 265MHz base clock at 14x, therefore HT/NB 7x = 1855MHz and memory 5.33x = 1412MHz. This leaves some overhead for increasing the base frequency further and saying within the spec.

I hope that this means default standard HT/NB and memory voltages will be enough as they are both within the spec. frequency

Reading the posts it seems that the processor will get to this OC at 1.4-1.45V. The default on my Gigabyte board is 1.475V. I will leave it as standard unless the temps get too high.

Associate
I'm currently thinking about returning to the PC gaming market and these chips seem like a solid choice. 4ghz with 8gb of RAM would be my aim with a 1090T. Without reading the whole thread, what's the best pairing of RAM and mobo with overclocking in mind?

Associate
Think I might have finally got my 1055T to overclock to 4.0 GHZ. But running OCCT for 15 mins, I noticed the temperature got to 56. So I stopped there, having heard that I shouldn't go above 55. Is this true, what temp is the limit presuming I'd like 2-3 years out of the 1055T.

Soldato
Think I might have finally got my 1055T to overclock to 4.0 GHZ. But running OCCT for 15 mins, I noticed the temperature got to 56. So I stopped there, having heard that I shouldn't go above 55. Is this true, what temp is the limit presuming I'd like 2-3 years out of the 1055T.
62c is max safe temp but i'd always say keep under 58c or 55c for safety

Back
Top Bottom