*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Thanks for the suggestion. I disabled it but my performance was uneffected.

I decided to switch everything to minimum to try and work my way up to a performance/quality happy medium.

Unfortunately the game performs the same for me on minimum settings as it does on maximum... :rolleyes:

I have the latest patch and latest drivers, any ideas why this game is performing so badly?
Have you tried turning off hyperthreading in your bios ??
I heard the game does not like hyperthreading on an i7 .
Turned it off on mine and made a load of difference ...
If you have turned it off ...then forget what i said !! lol ;)

Have you tried turning off hyperthreading in your bios ??
I heard the game does not like hyperthreading on an i7 .
Turned it off on mine and made a load of difference ...
If you have turned it off ...then forget what i said !! lol ;)

Cheers for that suggestion. Turning it off actually did improve things quite a bit, though the game is still not playable by my standards, even on heavily reduced settings.

Will wait until this game gets some more patches before playing.

Cheers for that suggestion. Turning it off actually did improve things quite a bit, though the game is still not playable by my standards, even on heavily reduced settings.

Will wait until this game gets some more patches before playing.

Taking into account that we are all playing it quite well with different machines would you consider it might be your setup? And that patches may not make a difference?

The weakspot seems to be Vista 64 as most people with a decent system like urs can play it fairly happily on W7 or XP. Install the W764 RC onto a small partition (30GB?) and see if it is better?

Vista 64 is perfectly playable ... I was playing for several hours multi last night - 1900x1200 - with FSAA applied - and was 30fps - but smooth (4890)

W7 is slightly better for Arma 2 but not a lot in it

I was thinking last night why people tend to play mostly co-op online - was fun on ocuk server - but the AI for once of the enemy seems to be a bit lacking - like in one town I found 4 people just stood stationary behind a building while the whole town they were meant be defending was being over-run. The general taking of each town seemed a bit repetative - ie snipe first to take out some mass of the people - get a bit closer take out armour stuff with heavier weapons, then go into the town and clear-up.

I'd say more fun would be a mid-size town - 15 attacking - 15 defending - non-AI

now that sounds fun

Back
Top Bottom