*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Well I got my copy this morning and I suppose just like everyone else who hasn't played these type of games before I'm awful at it :p Messed around with some of the scenario missions and kept getting killed by bushes and trees but I still enjoyed it strangely enough. I'll be giving the campaign a go tomorrow and hopefully gather some "know how" before heading online. Also managed to download the ACE mod with some difficulty and while it loads with errors it still loads. Lack of third party view is killing me at the moment so not sure whether I should get to grips with vanilla first or go with mods straight away to save learning after?

For those having problems with configuring six-updater
there are some tutorial videos on youtube on how to do it

Once you configure which mods you want

Config -> presets ->select one (vanilla)
then add cba , ace acex etc and hit modify (near bottom)

Then go main select the preset you used in drop-down and execute

Be aware you HAVE to run as ADMIN under vista / win7

Trailer looks like it's got the db's writen all over it.

With what the project reality team are going to front up, arma 2 was money well spent.

Looking forward to jumping on the british forces, and seeing just how much the PR guys can polish up the game some more.

Well I had my first bash on multiplayer today for quite a few hours. It really is a discouraging experience for new players and some game types are rather confusing :(

Do people here play on certain servers?

Seems only deathmatch is that easy to get into.
Im not that keen on playing vs bots but you might want to try the TG server Neo

That will need the ACE mod installed

PR mod is going to focus on PVP which should be good, in theory arma can do bigger games then bf2 but even regular games of 50 would be great

scimitartemperate622866.jpg

Yeah I played PR for a very long time now (not so much with latest release though, it's very unstable when loading maps for me :() so thought ARMA would be natural progression type of thing. Then they announced PR mod for it and I became even happier!

I barely even see any players with the size of the maps though, I'm hoping that PR team may introduce a few smaller maps maybe. Sluggish performance doesn't help since my system isn't really up to scratch so I'm usually in the 20s.

Got me installing this again now people are posting about it again. Need to try and finish the single player. God knows how I'll manage it with Mass effect 2, FF13, BF:BC2, Ass creed 2 and fixing motorcycle all begging for attention :D

Back
Top Bottom