*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Sorry to be a pain but what Official patches do I need after 1.08, I haven't played since then and there seem to be a mixture of betas and finals?

Think i may go and by a new gfx card for this. The PC gamer review suggests that this game is a bit of a monster and my old Nvidia 8800 GTS is getting a bit sluggish. The ATI 4890 is looking tempting...

nice gfx, what computer do you have?
Core i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
2x Radeon 4890s in crossfire
6GB DDR3
2x 15k SAS drives in raid0

and Arma 2 performance is still poor! :(

I've just had to uninstall/reinstall and go back to the 1.01 beta patch, as for some reason after 10 minutes of a campaign mission I could no longer save with the 1.01 final (crash to desktop with error message 'could not commit') :(

I take it then that this will need a real beast of a system to run on? very seriously thnking of getting this game and wondering how it will run on the spec in my sig, res of 1920x1200.

Looking forward to this game.

Might preorder off Game as i have some reward points which i might put towards it and sould take it to £19.

Also may need a new graphics as my 9600gt is getting on abit, 4890 anyone? :D

I take it then that this will need a real beast of a system to run on? very seriously thnking of getting this game and wondering how it will run on the spec in my sig, res of 1920x1200.

Its not optimised yet so really need to wait for the next patch to see how well it'll run. They brought forward the release date to beat opfp but it'll work on a 280 fine imo

I was wondering if anyone could help/guide me in the right direction for a mission i'm stuck on..

It's fairly early on, I've just been made squad leader, and I have full chopper support. I need to go to 3 location (I have been to all 3, yet to find this guy, so far only have 1 bit of evidence).

Where should i go next?

and

How do i get the chopper to go where I want it to go ?!

I was wondering if anyone could help/guide me in the right direction for a mission i'm stuck on..

It's fairly early on, I've just been made squad leader, and I have full chopper support. I need to go to 3 location (I have been to all 3, yet to find this guy, so far only have 1 bit of evidence).

Where should i go next?

and

How do i get the chopper to go where I want it to go ?!

Go to the town / US base to your east and speak to the officer over there who will give you some pointers, he'll tell you to also speak to the CDF officer behind you.
To get the heli to move, within your communication menu select 'request support', and while air transport is highlighted, click where you want to go or where to be picked up from.

PS, the chopper pilot is a MORON. When requesting pickup/dropoff make sure the LZ you pick has about 40 miles of empty space. If there is a tree/house/car/lamp post/dustbin nearby, you can guarantee he'll fly straight into it. Last time I requested extraction I selected a clear area at least 75x75m and he barrelled straight into the nearby woodland and took about about 4 trees before smashing into the ground and blowing up.....

Last edited:
Go to the town / US base to your east and speak to the officer over there who will give you some pointers, he'll tell you to also speak to the CDF officer behind you.
To get the heli to move, within your communication menu select 'request support', and while air transport is highlighted, click where you want to go or where to be picked up from.

PS, the chopper pilot is a MORON. When requesting pickup/dropoff make sure the LZ you pick has about 40 miles of empty space. If there is a tree/house/car/lamp post/dustbin nearby, you can guarantee he'll fly straight into it. Last time I requested extraction I selected a clear area at least 75x75m and he barrelled straight into the nearby woodland and took about about 4 trees before smashing into the ground and blowing up.....

LoL !! Argh, I cleared out the top "X", but when the chopper came in it got shot down, no idea where from. I still seem to be on a wild goose chase, and the CDF officer wasn't much help.

Back
Top Bottom