*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

4870? I feel so low with a 8800GTX :(
Saying that, i only play at 1440*900 so i may be ok for a little while longer...

Although if i get on with this game a nice shiny and new card could come to me :)

Cant wait for the 19th

Oh right, well perhaps this new patch is going to finalise those fixes or something. Any patch is good atm. By the 19th, Arma2 should be completely ready for the big go!

So hows the mp, i can imagine it getting pretty damn good with everyone working together fighting each other. Whats the most people you can have on a server?

Pre-ordered.

One thing that i've always disliked in this game and I have seen a lot in all the arma2 vids I have seen on youtube is how it waits for you to finish your current animation before playing your death animation when you've been killed...

to tie into bakes request, here is a vid of the MP I found, looks like DM, but still looks like a lot of fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEx2Tl8aVhk

but about a minute in you see the above and it looks really stupid, some guy climbing over a fence gets absolute riddled with bullets as he starts the climb... then several seconds later finishes the animation, stands up straight, then pulls off some hammy death animation... feel like I am watching premiership football :(

edit--
win - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OFO0sqmqi4

Last edited:
Does this include my post? Because I already mentioned there was no other AI around to alert, it's called the mission editor.
It's broken, you can try make me believe it's working fine but it's broken. (Or really bad).

I still really, really enjoy this game.

I dont know , as stated the AI react to sound as well as what they and their friends see.
IF you were making no sound at all (or out of sound range of the AI - be aware tho the 3d sound engine appears to be broken which could be making them hear you really really far away , reverse of what I get in the 5.1 mode bug ) then you should be ok.

As regards the ability of the AI to shoot pretty well , in arma 1 any AI closer than about 300meters is a very serious threat and if they have a sniper rifle they are deadly below 500 meters.

So hows the mp, i can imagine it getting pretty damn good with everyone working together fighting each other. Whats the most people you can have on a server?

Depends on server specs and bandwidth available , the server config can limit the amount of players.
For a decent spec/bandwidth server 60 would be fine.

cheers for the reply :)

So whats your take on it, is actually fun to play, is it a good game and worth my money?

Its still rough around the edges , the blur effect bloom etc need fixing badly
The sound bug is the biggest bug for me ( sounds too loud / coming from the wrong speakers with 5.1 )

Right now its is not worth the money ( if u want to buy it today it will cost 39.99eu £34.99 uk) , BIS will eventually fix these bugs , but how long it will take is anyones guess. Tho the uk release will be 24.99 which is a bit more palatable.

Is it fun to play , yes. But its also a very difficult game , new players get put off the the AI's ability to engage you at long distances. You really need to move from cover to cover quickly with a team mate or two covering you.

TIPS:
For those having difficulty hitting the enemy make sure you bind a mouse key for hold breath ( it will steady your aim)

Ranges , if standing only shoot at stuff closer then 75 meters.
If kneeling ( one I use most ) you are good up to 200 meters(unscoped weapon)
Lying down up for anything further out.

Looks like an excellent game from the vids around, although I think it would get on my **** that the guy slows to a walk to jump a 2 foot fence... I'm pretty damn sure that even carrying a weapon I could jump that at a sprint.

dont say that, i got a 8800gtx too :(
Its hard on the system, I struggle (25-50fps) with 2x 4890s, 6GB DDR3 and an i7 @ 4.5Ghz :(
There seems to be a rather major bug though, graphics options make no difference to the FPS and the CPU is never more than 50% utilised. The difference between everything on minimum and everything on maximum for me is ~2FPS :eek:

Back
Top Bottom