*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Do those files work with the new patch?

I read there was some issues at first?

If I ever get my serial key I will let you know

I got a contact email back from those folks
They say it can take up to 24 hours for security reasons .....

Install game
apply patch
backup the org files somewhere
then put in new language files

It took me nearly 18hours ot get my cdkey, i toughed it out. But i'm going to try what you have done but i have to replace the orginal language files first to do it.

Great so far

You can switch down the head bob thing ( this makes me puke in games)

Its took 14 hours for my payment to clear and get my key

I installed backed up necessary files
installed patch
backup up same files again in another dir
put it patched files and got English menu's etc

Ok , first impressions

It could do with some work
I opened the editor stuck a chopper in it with me and 2 ai gunners
I flew about the island checking out the sights then landed and asked the ai to get out fall into formation and move with me = fail they got out but just stood like retards :-(
This doesnt bode well , the LOD (which determines the detail switch points )seems a bit crap , building change drastically at about 300 meters distance.

I need to play more to get a better feel but its still seems a bit rough so far.

This is coming from someone who has played ofp since demo and arma since first german release , so I know what Iam on about.

EDIT:
By replacing the language stuff to english , it buggers up the AI's handling of your commands
I put back ze german files and the AI do what they are supposed to do ( this dont matter to me cos I know the keycombos
to order them about like the back of my hand )
So easiest thing to do is to use english files , configure the game up , try to remember which menu does what are you are fine , then put your german files back.

The voices ( as in when you tell an AI to do something eg 1. All return to formation - key commands ` 1 1 ) are spoken in english and their replies back are in english ( audio)

Last edited:
[TW]Taggart;14178067 said:
well its a beta release essentially so im not expecting it to be the polished version yet.

/me returns to frantically refreshing his inbox for the key

been roughly 6hrs so far for me and counting !!!

[TW]Taggart;14181690 said:
got the key and all seemed groovy till my install came across a corrupt file. trying to another HDD.

Anyone else have this? Buildings.pbo.gz

i installed with no hiccups, lobbed serial in and launched the game fine..

i'd re-install fresh and delete previous see if that works..

started the game up, selected missions and jumped straight in and must say this runs a ton smoother than the first Arma did, anyways going to install patch and then ENG lang files..

OK I've installed, got the key patched to 1.01 and put in the english language files.

I've noticed a couple of problems. When I enter the training mission to show you how to use your team, I just stand there in front of 2 guys and nothing happens. There is no dialogue to show you what the commands are or what to do. Noticed this also on the commander training and a few others. Also, what key brings up the command menu (if there is one)?

Back
Top Bottom