*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Soldato
You cant see his side though? He's perfectly right to question this review. There are already patches planned for the releases, so whatever has been reviewed already could have been fixed.

Of course I can see his side, his reponses just seem to be a little emotional.

Associate
There was a long thread about the German review on the official forums, they had file errors on install (dodgy cd perhaps) and to cut a long story short the install was broken. They have since retracted the review I think as well. It probably will have a few bugs I'm sure but nothing game breaking. I have also heard the performance is better than Arma1 which took a lot of patches to sort out before it improved.

I am sure it will be fine, in fact I have a feeling it might be awesome after a few patches. Someone hurry up and re-do Evolution :0)

Associate
OP
Compared to Armed Assault 1's release state its looking pretty good. Of course theres bugs, but there will be patches. Its not even officially released in UK yet.

I'm looking forward to evolution on this, the atmosphere looks fantastic ingame, the ambient sound adds so much.

Going to try my hand at mission making this time round as well.

Associate
Just found this:

http://news.zergwatch.com/2009/05/28/bohemia-interactive-admits-arma-2-is-still-buggy/

I think it is clear that the German version is somehow different to the version that will be released on the 19th. BIS seem to be suggesting that the issues the German version has aren't a prob with the Final build. It gets quite confusing though. Surely the German version is just the game but in German language? Apparently not.

What is for sure though is that the general response looks really positive so far even for this "German version". I still play OFP, let alone Arma1, to this day and simply see minor bugs as going with the territory for such epic games.

Associate
The reveiw code must have been an earlier version than the release, which is currently v1.00., whilst the uk release will be 1.0x which was the case with ofp and arma1.

I'm getting a few issues with the ingame map in certain missions, but the editor is working perfectly for me right now, which is where i've just spend the last hour and a half pre planning a mission i'm going to make.

Associate
Theo, did you do that co-op mission with a friend or random pubber? How easy was it to get going? If people are already jumping into co-op then it sounds like a solid release imo.

I can't wait to just explore the map with friends in this.

Permabanned
Theo, did you do that co-op mission with a friend or random pubber? How easy was it to get going? If people are already jumping into co-op then it sounds like a solid release imo.

I can't wait to just explore the map with friends in this.

Nothing quite like firing up the editor dropping a transport chopper in it
Loading the map up in multiplayer getting your mates to join while you go flying around the island exploring it together taking in the sights

Soldato
Of course I can see his side, his reponses just seem to be a little emotional.

Maybe, but it annoys me when something gets slated when it dont deserve to be and people do not research the complete facts before posting random ******.

The game in its current form is MORE THAN acceptable as people who have allready purchased and playing are saying.

I stand by my original post, the review was pants and if they have pulled it then surely that backs me up?

I based my post on fact, what did you base yours on?

Associate
OFP probably had more bugs at the start than any other game I've had on the PC and it still managed to be one of the best games I've ever played.

It was obvious to me given the fact that they are trying to model a real World environment the shear scale of it would make it impossible to be bug free. I'd be more concerned if the review claimed it to be bug free.

Associate
To whoever asked i played the mission with a friend over the internet. Not hard to join, but 1 in 4 join attempts just timed out otherwise lag free and stable. Only reason it crashed in game twice was something to do with the ingame voice chat, probably my friend's pc.

Overall though the ai is more streamlined, i am finding occasional spaz happens where an ai driver doesn't follow it's leader or something, but just fiddling with positions and waypoints sorts that normally.

There are ambient parameters in the editor aswell. For example it will place wildlife about the place or civilians in a city. Most interesting was a combat parameter my friend enabled, where he did a simple infantry vs infantry scenario and the enemy infanty called in some su25s to strafe his team, the planes had not been placed in map either.

Associate
So for those who do have the game what sort of system will we need to get this game working at a reasonable frame rate?

It's not a monster of an engine anymore, it's running fine with epic veiw distances on my friend's 2.6+ghz core2duo and hd4850. But we havent yet filled a city with bad guys and gone to town.

My system is an old athlon3800x2 with x1950pro which is running better than i expected, most settings on low-med@1680x1050 and framerate is silky smooth even if it looks a bit blurry. But the game is runner better than arma1 ever did so it's a good thing so far.

Associate
It's not a monster of an engine anymore, it's running fine with epic veiw distances on my friend's 2.6+ghz core2duo and hd4850. But we havent yet filled a city with bad guys and gone to town.

My system is an old athlon3800x2 with x1950pro which is running better than i expected, most settings on low-med@1680x1050 and framerate is silky smooth even if it looks a bit blurry. But the game is runner better than arma1 ever did so it's a good thing so far.

Cheers my rig isn't much different to yours, Athlon 4800x2 with NV8800gt but I do have a 24inch monitor with higer res that will need feeding.

Back
Top Bottom