*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Associate
Youve got me tempted now.

Do Metaboli offer unlimited downloads?

They offer 6downloads of the game, but they actively encourage you to back up your steup files to disc or elsewhere to avoid future downloads. The actualy DL is 1small setup exe and four 2gigabyte part files. To install requires 9gig of temp space and 9gig for the actualy install.

Cheers my rig isn't much different to yours, Athlon 4800x2 with NV8800gt but I do have a 24inch monitor with higer res that will need feeding

I did say the above i tend not to be fazed by bad graphics and a little stutter in games though. At first glance at those settings it almost looked worse than arma1, but once you're accustomed to it you begin to notice how well the motion blur works and object textures and animations being better and foliage being thicker, more natural and generally better.

Associate
OP
Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZwCWwAj-Q

When they are moving through the village the friendly forces seem to make good use of cover, and they seem to cover each other moving forward. The enemy does seem a little uncoordinated but when he splits off and chases one around the corner it seems he came around behind him and almost killed him :).

That said the helicopter ride was a bit dodgy, also, ENEMY man TO our FRONT!

Edit: Love the lighting effects on this MLRS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgVSJcveA4g

Last edited:
Associate
Ah well the patch doesn't seem to like the modified language files, so that can wait.

{conspiracy= it's 505games trying to tank the game for people who arn't in germany}

But a lot of the old mods in the game apparently port strait over to the new engine, i think i'll try getting the little bird back into the game as i love that thing. That and the apache and strikers. (god knows what else i want from the 8gb of my arma1 mod folders)

Last edited:
Permabanned
We got it from metaboli, terrible website but download speeds were fine for me.

https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/choixp...03&langue_page=de&affilie=&mode_achat=acheter

I'm still waiting on my cd key though (my friend got his) so i'm wondering if the payment even worked, sitting here with arma2 setup ready to install crying my eyes out now.

Hi dude,
I bit the bullet last night and went to metaboli and paid the 39.99eu
I got the confirmation email BUT no key , I phoned the credit card folks and the payment was made. I just aint got no key yet , did you get a seperate email with your key ?
I been waiting 9 hours now and still no key :(

Associate
Hi dude,
I bit the bullet last night and went to metaboli and paid the 39.99eu
I got the confirmation email BUT no key , I phoned the credit card folks and the payment was made. I just aint got no key yet , did you get a seperate email with your key ?
I been waiting 9 hours now and still no key :(

Send them an email, happened to me yesterday and i had a cdkey within 20 mins.

Soldato
ooh so its out !!!

okay if i buy this from meta on the gerrman site can i change the language to English or not ?

i dont mind paying an extra £10 to get this now ..

Soldato
Maybe, but it annoys me when something gets slated when it dont deserve to be and people do not research the complete facts before posting random ******.

The game in its current form is MORE THAN acceptable as people who have allready purchased and playing are saying.

I stand by my original post, the review was pants and if they have pulled it then surely that backs me up?

I based my post on fact, what did you base yours on?

Based on your emotional response, much like that one. Maybe you hadn't noticed but I haven't once slated ARMA2, my comments were directed at your reponse and your response alone, facts were not a requirement. Honestly, just tone it down a little. You seem incredibly strung up about it.. It's only the Internet :)

Soldato
Yes, with a few minutes of your time.

An unofficial English patch is out.

For the most part, the game is more than playable in German. Voice overs are still English.
cheers

looks like its been taken down from some forums grrrrr ... i'll dig further .. i want this game now!

Permabanned
Hmmmm , I am begining to wonder if the extra 10eu got you the serial key ...

The file with the language files is called a2_english_language.7z
I got it last night before it got pulled

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmmm , I am begining to wonder if the extra 10eu got you the serial key ...

The file with the language files is called a2_english_language.7z
I got it last night before it got pulled

cheers , found them and now im hovering over the purchase button !!!

my CC is whispering 'dooooo eeeeet' !!!

** purchased £34 , downloading and awaiting serial key woohoo !! **

Last edited:
Associate
I did say the above i tend not to be fazed by bad graphics and a little stutter in games though. At first glance at those settings it almost looked worse than arma1, but once you're accustomed to it you begin to notice how well the motion blur works and object textures and animations being better and foliage being thicker, more natural and generally better.

Not a problem really as I'm about to get a new PC but it will be a month or so after release, I just wanted to know if it was worth getting before the PC.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom