*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Just been playing through it today. Only had a few glitches in the training missions, but other than that the singleplayer campaign seems to be going fine for me atm!

Graphics are solid, really liking some of the effects in battle and the immersion is fantastic. Seeing a helicopter above you launching rockets in to the enemy is simply awesome!

Wait or not to wait?
Id imagine you could find it cheaper than £36.99 when it's out.
Wait if you want to be ripped off by steams comedy pricing. (I really think it's grim UNLESS there's a "sale" on)

Putting that aside though... 11 days. ELEVEN DAYS! That's far too long to wait. You need to buy it immediately upon UK release. :p

Wait or not to wait?
Id imagine you could find it cheaper than £36.99 when it's out.
Wait if you want to be ripped off by steams comedy pricing. (I really think it's grim UNLESS there's a "sale" on)

Putting that aside though... 11 days. ELEVEN DAYS! That's far too long to wait. You need to buy it immediately upon UK release. :p

£24.99 is most pre orders.

Word of warning for people downloading the game, friend of mine shared his links straight away and I donwloaded it whilst putting my order through. I've been trying to join his game and it's coming back as CD Key in use and refusing to let us play on the same server. Very odd.

Just ordered this AA2 and OFP2 from a well known jersey based retailer. Just gotta wait now for them to arrive and put up with all you guys talking about the games until they do.

Hopefully you won't all be to good for me to take on when my copy of AA2 arrives.

Taff

Just had a long sessions with a bunch of germans ( I understand a little ), about 40 of us attacking a coastal town, had to take out the power station and a few radar/hq's inside it.

It was amazing, they had regular pick ups from the airport to the c130 at the end of the runway, kept doing it the entire game I don't know if it was AI or people as the system to see who's in the vehicle doesn't exist unless you are the driver. Anyway, flew near the town, all of us parachuted out..what a sight!

Few down sides are that you can't call for a medic it seems, I don't even know how to choose to be a medic either, I think you have to be hurt enough before you can be healed, which I don't understand.
I think at the start of the game you pick a role, however it's a bit silly when the games 2 hours in and the pilot crashes and you have 40 people leave the server because NOBODY else can pilot the aircraft, the game just won't let you.

The pro is that not every person jumps for the aircraft first and wastes it.

AI is a bit overpowered, they still can see you through some walls, crawling in tall grass and did a test with my friend there's an oddity when you're climbing a ladder they don't tend to fire you, that is until the nanosecond you reach the top and 1 shot you.

Even if they don't face you, the AI knows you're near and their accuracy/range with small rifles is stupidly over accurate. I wish they implemented it so that if they're not facing you, they don't know you are there unless they hear you(or another AI commands them that I am there). Even AI back in the PS1 days had this :(
It's just very annoying when you spent 15mins running somewhere, see an AI soldier on the map but can't visually see him, know he's facing the other way when you're on a ladder and as soon as you reach the top does a 180 flip and headshots you. >_<

Yeah, I'm using TrackIR now and it really helps situational awareness!
Also I've TK'ed way too much because it must be a bug but the game paints people as enemy on the map and there's nobody else near, I often risk it and wait to see if they shoot back in case they are.

Either way, people vs people is soooooo much fun :)

Just had a long sessions with a bunch of germans ( I understand a little ), about 40 of us attacking a coastal town, had to take out the power station and a few radar/hq's inside it.

It was amazing, they had regular pick ups from the airport to the c130 at the end of the runway, kept doing it the entire game I don't know if it was AI or people as the system to see who's in the vehicle doesn't exist unless you are the driver. Anyway, flew near the town, all of us parachuted out..what a sight!

Few down sides are that you can't call for a medic it seems, I don't even know how to choose to be a medic either, I think you have to be hurt enough before you can be healed, which I don't understand.
I think at the start of the game you pick a role, however it's a bit silly when the games 2 hours in and the pilot crashes and you have 40 people leave the server because NOBODY else can pilot the aircraft, the game just won't let you.

The pro is that not every person jumps for the aircraft first and wastes it.

AI is a bit overpowered, they still can see you through some walls, crawling in tall grass and did a test with my friend there's an oddity when you're climbing a ladder they don't tend to fire you, that is until the nanosecond you reach the top and 1 shot you.

Even if they don't face you, the AI knows you're near and their accuracy/range with small rifles is stupidly over accurate. I wish they implemented it so that if they're not facing you, they don't know you are there unless they hear you(or another AI commands them that I am there). Even AI back in the PS1 days had this :(
It's just very annoying when you spent 15mins running somewhere, see an AI soldier on the map but can't visually see him, know he's facing the other way when you're on a ladder and as soon as you reach the top does a 180 flip and headshots you. >_<

Yeah, I'm using TrackIR now and it really helps situational awareness!
Also I've TK'ed way too much because it must be a bug but the game paints people as enemy on the map and there's nobody else near, I often risk it and wait to see if they shoot back in case they are.

Either way, people vs people is soooooo much fun :)

Quick question about your PC set-up
What sound card are you using?
What speaker config you got?

Thanks

Has anyone who has ze German version applied the patch yet? From what I have read on the BIS forums people are saying that the patch has done lots and the AI is vastly improved. It's now really impressing even the most hardcore mil simmers by the sound of it!

BIS are due to release a second patch this week too! Game is shaping up to be epic in every way.

Back
Top Bottom